WP43 Pilot Run (Poll!)

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
ben.titmus

Re: WP 43S Pilot Run (Poll!)

Post by ben.titmus »

One for me please.
Walter

Post by Walter »

As of today, about 79% of all planned functions are implemented. You can download wp43s.pgm from a gitlab next to you, flash your DM4x as explained in the WP43S Reference Manual and play and check. Integers, real and complex numbers, angles, times, and dates are all up and running.

Assigning, programmability, matrices, and 'advanced functions' (i.e. the operations of ADV and EQN) are going to come.

Alas, I can't report any progress hardware-wise.

EDIT: (Almost forgot) CETERVM CENSEO: Whatever weird or unexpected results you find, please tell us.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
Engineer

Post by Engineer »

Walter wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:43 pm
We're planning for a pilot run. :D Hardware is about ready. Firmware is at 55% but since the 43S is flashable, this is no problem - simply update with the progress of coding.

What we don't know is the amount of real interest in the community. There are contradicting signals received: looking at the number of persons posting in the "43S News", 10 pilot calculators would be sufficient. If, on the other hand, we'd take each and every positive statement made in the last decade for serious, 100 pilot calculators would be appropriate. :? What can be done? We've to ask you. 8-)

So this thread is to place your intents. Placing a purchase option (?) won't cost your money immediately but we rely on realistic numbers and don't want to go bankrupt. As far as we know today, our cost (i.e. what one of us has to lay down for getting one calculator of the pilot batch to Europe ready to be flashed) will be in the order of magnitude of the retail price of the DM42. So I'm afraid the retail price of the WP 43S can't be lower than the one of the DM42. We don't know any better yet thus we can't tell you any better. Please place your options with this in mind.

(IF the pilot batch will be finished in time THEN we plan bringing a suitable amount to Alschwil. So you can save shipping. :D )

(EDIT: Had to phrase more precisely.)
Add one for me, please.
rawi

Post by rawi »

Add two for me as well
rawi
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thanks to you all for your committment. If I've counted correctly, we've surpassed 100. :D
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
bruno_h

Post by bruno_h »

Oupss a bit late to the party!
Obviously add two for me please!!
OpaHardrock

Post by OpaHardrock »

Hi,

as a long term HP 28S user, I would really buy a WP 43S as soon as it is available.

Ralf
GeisiX

Post by GeisiX »

I am definitely looking forward to the WP-43s and am in for one unit.

Please let me tell you how impressed I am with the work and effort you put into that project and I tip my virtual hat to such a great achievement. Playing around with the simulator, this could become the one calc to rule them all (for me at least; I know, I know... you should never say that ;) ).

Just for my understanding:
Keys can be rebound in USER mode, right? Working in acoustics, I might want to have LOG and 10^x primary functions instead of their Euler-based equivalents.
Walter

Post by Walter »

GeisiX wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:31 am
Keys can be rebound in USER mode, right? Working in acoustics, I might want to have LOG and 10^x primary functions instead of their Euler-based equivalents.
Yes, keys can be reassigned in USER mode. You can also create your own menus if you like. Please check Section 6 of the Owner's Manual. The function ASSIGN (f ASN on the keyboard) is not implemented yet but is going to be.

And thank you for your friendly words. :D
bloeding

Post by bloeding »

Walter wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:48 am
48GX wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:49 am
Let’s hope they get this worked out sooner than later.
Technically everything is settled. Thus, the open issues aren't logical but psycho-logical (looks like the opposite).
Thanks so much Walter.
I've been lurking on this discussion for a while. However, for counting/planning purposes, I felt I should voice my commitment to purchase as well. Please keep us updated as to the status of any negotiations regarding a pre-production run.