43S Availability News

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
homebrew

43S Availability News

Post by homebrew »

Hi, I would like to know if the 43S is still in the stage of software development and when this is finalised SwissMicros will build these with the appropriate keyboard layout or is there a keyboard template available for modifying a DM42 and
any idea when a 43S will be available for purchase?
Jaymos

Re: 43S Availability News

Post by Jaymos »

homebrew wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:45 pm
Hi, I would like to know if the 43S is still in the stage of software development
It is in software development. There is lots to do still.
I cannot comment on time frames. Maybe the dev team responds.
and when this is finalised SwissMicros will build these with the appropriate keyboard layout
As far as I know details are not available.
Maybe the dev team or someone who has first hand knowledge responds.
or is there a keyboard template available for modifying a DM42 and
There is no template available as yet. We are exploring options to design a DM42 compatible keyboard template, on forum "43S Alternative key layout --> WP43C". An overlay template and the necessary code changes to allow unmodified DM42 keys are considered. SwissMicros indicated interest to make such overlay template for this sub/fork project in future. Some more info here: search.php?keywords=phone+call+with&t=2216&sf=msgonly.
any idea when a 43S will be available for purchase?
No. I don't think anyone can give you a good estimate. Here is a good answer search.php?keywords=multi-year&t=1816&sf=msgonly
Jaco Mostert
Elec Eng, South Africa
https://47calc.com C47 (s/n 03818 & 06199), WP43 (0015). In box: HP42S, HP32Sii, WP34S&C, HP28C, HP35s, EL-506P, EL-W506, PB700; ex: FX702P, 11C, HP67 & HP85; iOS: 42s Byron, Free42+, WP31S/34S, HCalc.