I do not like TLA's for labels.
Cannot be used: RDX.
I got a few votes for no change, i.e. keep BASE, but it is too long.
I tried the following tries on the simulator quickly and it does not work for mostly reasons that the meaning does not jump at you:
Dani suggested: CRD (cardinal number)
Dani suggested: NUC (Number conversion)
Dani suggested: NSY (Numeral Systems)
Dani suggested: CNV (Convert) : Too close to CONV on f. Also tried CVT.
Dani suggested: NCO (Number convert)
The following ones still in the running (sequence of my preference except BIN which is on ice)?
- #B : RAPo, I added. (Base). This one is even shorter. It could work because # is strong (reference to # on g[1/x]) and B is strong as Base is clear in the context. Compare (CC / CPX) or (COMPLEX / CPX).
- #BS : RAPo, I added. (Base). I quite like it! It makes the connection to # on g[1/x]. Dropped to 2nd due to another connection in English.
- NUM : H2X suggested. (Numeral Systems): Could work.
- #NB : Jaco added. (Number base)
- BIN : Jaco suggested. We discussed and placed on ice (for now).