Re: 43S Alternative key layout --> WP43C
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 am
For the people who can spell Greek, version 3 is not intuitive, but 1 and 1A. But this won't be many...Jaymos wrote: ↑Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:12 am3. I made a few changes which I want to propose:
I also prefer the C & K swap And version 3: what do you guys think of these proposed changes to 3?
- Eta moves away from F and goes to H because capital Eta (Ηη) looks like H.
- Theta moves from H to either Q (or U). I prefer Theta on Q due to the similarity of the capital Theta (Θθ).
- Phi (Φφ) either stays on U (or moves from U to Q) [or moves from U to J].
- Digamma goes to F because it looks like F. (I doubt any would ever use digamma but it is a valid archaic Greek letter in context)(I also doubt anyone would actually use x! Or hypsin, but we provide that too).
- We could use J (unused) to duplicate Epsilon and the alternate form of epsilon. (ε⍷)
Dani, if there are reasons that you chose The ones that I propose to change, please advise.
I didn't have Digamma on my screen. Since this was originally the sixth letter, you can set it to 'F', even if it would belong to 'w'.
Your shifts don't disturb the Traditional Latin transliteration.
(Actually there would be reasons to leave Rho, Sigma, Tau, Ypsilon, Phi, Chi, Psi, Omega in this order, but then you would also have to introduce Qoppa and Sampi (Milesian numerals, three groups of nine characters each).)
So Qoppa on 'J' and Sampi on '_' (underline)?
1. Alpha - A | A 
2. Beta - B | B 
22. Chi - C | Ch, Kh 
4. Delta - D | D 
5. Epsilon - E | E 
6old. Digamma - F | w 
3. Gamma - G | G 
7. Eta - H | Ē 
9. Iota - I | I 
Qoppa - J | 
10. Kappa - K | C, K 
11. Lambda - L | L 
12. Mu - M | M 
13. Nu - N | N 
15. Omicron - O | O 
16. Pi - P | P 
8. Theta - Q | Th 
17. Rho - R | R, Rh 
18. Sigma - S | S 
19. Tau - T | T 
21. Phi - U | Ph 
23. Psi - V | Ps 
24. Omega - W | Ō 
14. Xi - X | X 
20. Upsilon - Y | Y, U 
6. Zeta - Z | Z 
Sampi - _ |