Status report and updates.
News for the week:
Most important achievement is that the Alpha input mode got finalised, or at least up to par with the main WP43S project.
The Alpha menus were located art the bottom four buttons, and a caps lock button was added, the emulator keyboard operation from the PC or MAC is much better, and it is now possible to type using the full QWERTY keyboard. Much easier now.
1. Keyboard: Layout L1A stable. L1 dumped. L2 (DM42 strict) stable.
L1 took too much effort to keep maintained, and I deleted it.
Generally I run the emulator in Layout 1A and the DM42 in Layout 2. See 630.
2. DM42 Firmware for WP43C (Layout2) compiled and available. http://cocoon-creations.com/download/43C_09L2.pgm
. (Release 09, Layout 2).
3. Caps lock was necessary on a different button than the arrows, as I discovered that when a soft menu is open, you cannot shift the case for alpha input as the arrows are hijacked for the menu system. This is remnant from the main project. The solution was add a single "C" on f shift SIN, which toggles the case (the case status is top right of the status line, i.e. A or a). See 626.
4. The emulator keyboard: A novel way of splitting the emulator keyboard one pc and full keyboard typing into the text input screen of the emulator. See 627.
Using the same number system as previously. As usual, all previous DONE's disappeared, and many old outstanding points disappeared:
604. DONE. Cannot. Not any more. Menu placed here.
Text mode: g & g[-] is duplicated. No text is on g[+]. We can add some alpha letters.
614. DONE. Decide which Alpha keys are to be on the front of emulator. And on the Text input screen.
615. DONE. Determine greek letters on physical layout.
625. DONE. TAM mode disappears after 4 sec
626. DONE. Added C on SIN key, used in Text Input Mode. This is for CAPS Lock. This is added, because when a menu is on the screen, the up/down arrow keys meant for that, cannot change case.
627. DONE. Emulator keys make use of the RIGHT-shift together with all 26+9 alpha and number keys, except 8 (which is shift-multiply)
In addition to the a, v, q, o, … letters used for keyboard control, there is now
Capital SHFT-A through SHFT-Z which are mapped to the emulator “A” through “Z”. SHIFT-1 through SHIFT-0 on the keyboard is mapped to the emulator 1 through 0 (except 8).
628. DONE. Add the menus on g g[.] g[r/s] & g[+].
α α° αMATH αINT
629. Changed the OSX compile batch files to produce WP43C instead of WP43S. Changed the date of the DM42 image.
630. Remove the old Layout 1 completely. I have not maintained it for a few weeks and I can’t maintain it. Unnecessary effort to make sure I don’t break those ifdef’s. It is gone.
TODO: moved to Issues on Gitlab:
204. Check which functions are missing on the main project’s menus and decide if certain functions are to be added to menus. Big job - no time for that now.
218. Fix 43S to 43C name in DMCP compile for DM42 image, this is the text when you load the DM42 program.
307. CUST2. To request from main project.
Dani suggested. Creation of CUST1 & CUST2 menu. The MyMenu and ASN functionality seems to be exactly what Dani wants. The problem is there is only one MyMenu.
JM to write feature change request to Walter.
316. Change TAM input screen to have a better menu, somehow. Not clear how. Possibly include BASE menu in TAM screen for base shortcuts and WS shortcuts.
323. Write a function so that CC, # & WSINT key function can be run from softmenus.
603. Verify SLS_xxx in items.c for all changed items.
605. Sigfig: maybe change “SIGFIG” to “SIG”.
622. Hex, Dec, Oct, Bin #..
#B still doesn’t work. It should if D and H works.
#O could work for octal in the HP43C.
623. Find place for >DP and >SP in menu
624. BASE: add # and A-F.
# in menu does not do FF#16 but 15 works and H works.
631. Next item
Unchanged from last week, not copied.
The following images all are of the emulator, i.e. Layout 1A, illustrating the Numerical (NIM), Alpha (AIM) and TAM input screens. The TAM is used for RCL, STO and Base change #.
LEFT: LAYOUT 1A; MIDDLE TAM input # BASE; RIGHT ALPHA input