Status report and photo updates, document update.
L1A has now replaced L1 as the preferred layout. L2 remains the special label-less DM42 solution. All three will be maintained. L1 may be phased out.
We may have moved keyboard perfection over the last 8 days (since last status report), from (1 - e^-4) to (1 - e^-5)
- LAYOUT 1A is the preferred layout,
and the layout for the proposed template that inautilus is preparing.
- LAYOUT 1 is still maintained.
- LAYOUT 2 is the layout meant for DM42 without template, with the additional HOME pages for help without blue labels.
Pictures at the bottom.
Load the current alpha image onto your DM42. Layout 2 works without key template. http://cocoon-creations.com/download/43C_07L2.pgm.zip
: Have a look at the document. http://cocoon-creations.com/download/20 ... es_v03.pdf
: using the same number system as previously. As usual, all previous DONE's disappeared, and many old outstanding points disappeared:
217. DONE. Fix timer issue - DROP on third shift press.
222. DONE. Fix outdated HOME pages in L2 in the DOC.
600. DONE. The letter on [ - ] on the DM42 is "-", as is the shifted letter on [ - ], for whatever reason, but not "_". Replaced space with “..”
601. DONE. In text mode, [-] does a subtract now. Fix. Divide does not work.
319. DONE. Remove f/g markers after shifts timed out. This may be hard, because the calculator is sleeping when you do not type. So I have too figure out how to wake it up after a time period. Waiting to decide what to do.
602. Done. Key change: CLK and a.FN swap on key layout L1A. Do after more feedback on 1a received. Update DOC.
311. Done. Proposed to Inautilus.
See if it is possible to draw lines between the actual FN buttons to the screen labels to guide the eyes. The purpose is to see if it will help match the keys to the narrower soft buttons on screen.
204. Check which functions are missing on the main project’s menus and decide if certain functions are to be added to menus. Big job - no time for that now.
218. Fix 43S to 43C name in DMCP compile for DM42 image
315. Make R.BR remember where you left off, I.e. which regs number.
316. Change TAM input screen to have a better menu, somehow. Not clear how. Possibly include BASE menu in TAM screen for base shortcuts and WS shortcuts.
317. Make the calculartor default an entry of 100 (without decimal) as a real, not an integer. Currently, 100 is registered as integer, and 100. as real number. It makes a big difference to the display of the 100 if you expect ENG 3 display for example. First formulate a request to the main project.
321. Add in the MODE menu a setting to disable the shift cancel timeouts.
323. Write a function so that CC, # & WSINT key function can be run from softmenus.
603. Verify SLS_xxx in items.c for all changed items.
604. Text mode: g & g[-] is duplicated. No text is on g[+]. We can add some alpha letters.
605. Sigfig: maybe change “SIGFIG” to “SIG”.
606. list all the [f] and [g] and primary label changes in the DOC.
607. Update first page entry in forum
608. Next item
209. WAIT. Added temporary ALPHA menu in alpha input. Wait for 43S project to fix AlphaMyMenu to fix this..
210. WAIT. Added myAlpha item in HOME menu. This is a placeholder for the MyMenu which is not yet done by main project 43S.
211. WAIT. Hardcode MyMenu on E+ as a default USER key. Wait until main project adds MyMenu.
Including 322. WAIT. Config USER default to have MyMenu on Sigma+
307. WAIT. CUST2. Main project. Dani to advise what is needed. Dani advised.
Creation of CUST1 & CUST 2menu. Variable content. Dani to explain how this is different from MyMenu.
The MyMenu and ASN functionality seems to be exactly what Dani wants. The problem is there is only on MyMenu. He needs to ask Walter to specify more.
700. Next item
Reminders for the actual calc layout:
502. Yellow and blue dots above shift button
503. Increase contrast in text letters on the future template
504. Maybe use dotted underlines for menus (for yellow and blue underline) on the future template
505. Mark the “Y” and “N”bright white to help finding the yes/no answer to some confirmations, on the future template
506. Shading (28S style) instead of underlining of menus.
507. next item
Below the alpha input keyboard layout: