This week's contributions to download:
C43 Simulator for Windows: https://classic43.com/downloads/C43_EMU ... _Rel42.zip
Be sure to delete the binary.bin file from the C43 folder prior to running.
Thanks Dani for the help compiling!
C43 DM42 software image file: https://classic43.com/downloads/C43_42L2.zip
Be sure to do CLR/RESET after resetting the first time.
The DM42 firmware update
now bundles DMCP3.20 with their software. The C43 firmware requirement is DM42 DMCP firmware 3.18 which was the previous packaged DM42 firmware.
* Subtle improvements/changes to the code doing FN key double tap detection on DM42 hardware. Try it out and see if it works better.
* The FN key double tap setting G2TAP default was changed to be activated at restart.
* Expanded the long press cycles of the keys [Σ+] to [<-] to primary - f(function) - g(function) (excluding EEX). Example: LOG - 10^x - .d - NOP
This means you can long press STO to get COMPLEX, and keep it pressed in, to reach |x| then release it, etc.
This also means that for the first 4 rows including function keys, single finger operation is possible, i.e. just keeping the button in, would cycle from say Σ+ to Σ- to ab/c to NOP.
* Bugfix: Previously double pressing a function key FN1-FN6 for the first time worked incorrectly. This was fixed.
* Neatened up some of the sample XEQM programs.
* Added long press EXIT to pop all menus, and clear BASE mode.
In order to ease testing, the following temporary indications were added: These are temporary tests for comments, not a permanent features.
* Version info defaulting to register Y for a testing period. I am trying this out. It helps if we have multiple C43 versions on flash. Does it work for you?
* Single/Double/Triple tap indication in the top right in the status bar of the hardware version on DM42. Try it out and comment on the click detection success.
* John Boyden’s Beta function was added to WP43S and was imported to C43.
* Martin's latest changes to WP43S were imported to C43.
* WP43S added SINC𝝿 for all angular modes, but specifically working optimally with MULTIPLES OF 𝝿. Imported to C43.
for the current DM42 compatible (the version that requires no special template, i.e. Layout 42):
I use it a lot and I missed the symmetry of the RollUp and RollDn which was not offered on this layout. I decided g-shift RCL for the Δ% function was not on the HP42S keys layout; it is on the FIN menu anyway and it was also stuck right in the middle between complex size g[STO] and complex angle g[RollDn]. My solution for all these issues was to remove Δ%, shift the complex angle one left to g[RCL] to be next to the complex functions, and add RollUp on the g-function of Roll-Dn.
Any complaints, comments, improvements?
Well, a picture is worth a 1000 words, so below the end result:
L42 layout on the current DM42 without template: Changed: complex angle, Δ%, Roll-Up.
*Edited to correct typos.