DA74254 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:24 pm
rprosperi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm
akaTB wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

:lol:
1 +.

Should you come to NY keithdalby, I'll buy you a beer.
1++
Likewise, if you ever turn up in Riga, I'll buy you a beer as well :)
Or Arizona!
DM42 SN: 3682
HP-15C and HP-16C (Bought originally by me in the 80's)
HP-67 and HP-55
HP-48G
MK-52

keithdalby

Re: How did you discover SwissMicros?

Post by keithdalby » Tue May 14, 2019 4:06 am

Blimey, looks like I can tour the world on one comment! Thank you friends.

RNav

Post by RNav » Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 pm

keithdalby wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:57 am
I wonder how many discovered SwissMicros by mistake on their search for an accurate timepiece, and accidentally bought a DM42 thinking it was such a timepiece, then proceeded to moan about the accuracy of their calculator in keeping time. I wonder.
LOL! And that thread is still ticking! I crunch my numbers with my DM42, and I keep my time with my Omega Speedmaster Professional! If it's good enough to get Apollo 13 home, it's good enough for me. Cheers!
28c, 28s, 48sx, 17bii, 32s, 33s, 35s, Prime, WP-34s, DM42 (daily user)

H2X

Post by H2X » Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 pm

RNav wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 pm
keithdalby wrote:
I wonder how many discovered SwissMicros by mistake on their search for an accurate timepiece, and accidentally bought a DM42 thinking it was such a timepiece, then proceeded to moan about the accuracy of their calculator in keeping time. I wonder.
LOL! And that thread is still ticking! I crunch my numbers with my DM42, and I keep my time with my Omega Speedmaster Professional! If it's good enough to get Apollo 13 home, it's good enough for me. Cheers!
LOL? Seriously? I was starting to get my hopes up for a DM-01...

DM42 SN:00040 | Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible - Frank Zappa

Guenter

Post by Guenter » Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am

rprosperi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:45 pm
akaTB wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am
keithdalby wrote:
:lol:
1 +.

Should you come to NY keithdalby, I'll buy you a beer.
How about Reno in September?
Günter
DM42 SN:00004 and SN:00184

rprosperi

Post by rprosperi » Thu May 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Guenter wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:51 am

How about Reno in September?
Günter
Definitely. Perhaps more than one... Prost!
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282

ab_normall

Post by ab_normall » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Hello everyone,

In fact I show pictures of my very old machines HP-41C[V|X]] and so many others, I can not remember the context or the guy or some #tweets/tmp, but he told me about the EXCELLENT WORK and how proud he was with DM42 of SwissMicros GmbH (I can feel it, so don't laugh!), and since I live in Switzerland I was strongly chocked of the existence of official physical HP's clones (problem of licenses, etc) which I noted the existence of this possibility (If I loose my faith in HP or something else), but I still had my HP(s) like a kind of "Museum" (BOLO? nop!) up to the HP-50g (I have three of this last, just as "backups" spirit of brainwashed mind) :arrow:

Kinda always if all of them survives my environment, if they are briding, if supply does'nt leaks, if they need some drink, coffee, etc. #normall

When all of a sudden(!) Some other day in this year 2019, I reversed the poles by annoying me on the bad electrical contacts of one of the HP-41XX which probably burn at least all the Power Supply Stage (etc) thoses when it was more than 30 years old and with ZERO problem(!) and was a cost sounds more like something about 900~980CHF (in those time 80's) [...] So that was by *revenge* against myself ...and... calm-down and think about HOW can I recover back my [HARD] MEMORY CLEAR :?:
,,,, just stay calm and remember the existence of SwissMicros GmbH :!:
So the pre-conclusion: REMOVE ALWAYS Batteries if you are just "stocking" you machine (I knew and I repeat it to myself since my youth, grrrrrrrr), or Battery is kind of vomiting a cursed substance into contactors and burn the [Cu] of them, and burn my machine, and burn my brain, so I have to buy ALL from SwissMicros GmbH, my Hero!
All that!

I show you my favorite cat...

Notice: I've buyed my very first HP-41CV with Time-Module in 1984 (approxima, ~ 980CHF at Trosseli/Genf) I never knew how to use "normal machine" but with RPN or RPL notations (RPL is for HP-50g which could also be put in "normal user" mode, but I'm not at all)

But my very firsts experience in Electronic (old school), was in the beginnings of the "Seventies" and 1977 for firsts computers contacts:
0) IBM PUNCHED CARD for UNIVAC of UNI-II/Geneva,
1) UNIVAC (the same) and,
2) Having my first fun (no games) with Pr1me/UNI-I/Geneva 1977.
...remembering something like: Pr1me was an attempt of competition with VAX of Digital -> Digital Equipment Corporation -> Dec/Onex/Geneva (was a Huge building at the entry of this arera from downtown), etc and at school (later) VAX 11/780 with VMS, and of course the "bios" was a PDP-11 as mention "VAX 11/780"... Etc. a long life and fight and love with all those computers and so many others before "Internet" and Java SDK time... (another lullaby?)

PS: Pardon my bad english, I'm from the french part of Switzerland, in some crackpot's special house (The Clinic)

Epilog: #TLDR done

[refs] about Pr1me ... (not so interesting but, it was write in Fortran IV and Assembly language)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Computer #ENGLISH
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Computer #FRENCH

Corolaire: I'm not a Michael Jackson's rebirth.

not at all
I'm too brainwashed to not ask something about this. #calmdown (says all my doctors)