WP43 News

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
Jaymos

Re: 43S News

Post by Jaymos »

Walter wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:47 am
salvomic wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:43 pm
is there also a binary for macOS (11.x)?
Yes, there is. Please look here: https://gitlab.com/Over_score/wp43s/-/t ... ries/macOS

(Well, it should be. But alas, I can't tell you anything about its functionality since I'm completely ignorant of Macs. Please try and report.)
Until further work and further notice, the Mac simulator must be compiled on your system. It is not a portable executable.
Jaco Mostert
Elec Eng, South Africa
https://47calc.com C47 (s/n 03818 & 06199), WP43 (0015). In box: HP42S, HP32Sii, WP34S&C, HP28C, HP35s, EL-506P, EL-W506, PB700; ex: FX702P, 11C, HP67 & HP85; iOS: 42s Byron, Free42+, WP31S/34S, HCalc.
salvomic

Post by salvomic »

Jaymos wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:14 am

Until further work and further notice, the Mac simulator must be compiled on your system. It is not a portable executable.
well, thanks.
Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: DM42 (SN: 00881), DM41X (SN 00523), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, 35s, WP34s -- Free42
pyridine

Post by pyridine »

Walter wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:29 am
Major reconstructional moves in our lab: We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for your understanding.
Dear Walter, thanks to you and the teams for all your hard work !

May I suggest to copy-and-paste these links in the first post of this discussion ?
That would be helpful in finding quickly where to go and get these files...
Walter

Post by Walter »

pyridine wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:50 pm
May I suggest to copy-and-paste these links in the first post of this discussion ?
Dear pyridine,

Thanks for your kind words. Of course you may suggest. AFAIK, however, most people go to the most recent post of a thread when they want to read the news. Sometimes they even read the post before and maybe some prior posts but hardly anything older (especially if it's a very long thread). So if I want to spread some news (which I sometimes want), I put them in the last post - which, on the other hand, may be the reason why people prefer reading the last post (see above). For these reasons you'll find the news here, and most important stuff will be repeatet every once and a while. OK?
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
pyridine

Post by pyridine »

Walter wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 pm
pyridine wrote:
Dear pyridine,

Thanks for your kind words. Of course you may suggest. AFAIK, however, most people go to the most recent post of a thread when they want to read the news. Sometimes they even read the post before and maybe some prior posts but hardly anything older (especially if it's a very long thread). So if I want to spread some news (which I sometimes want), I put them in the last post - which, on the other hand, may be the reason why people prefer reading the last post (see above). For these reasons you'll find the news here, and most important stuff will be repeatet every once and a while. OK?
No problem, I suppose I am the only one to think about going to the first page... and reading chronologically ! 8-)
Walter

Post by Walter »

pyridine wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Walter wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 pm
pyridine wrote:
Dear pyridine,

No problem, I suppose I am the only one to think about going to the first page... and reading chronologically ! 8-)
Feel free to do so. It's certainly reasonable. But I've observed few people being patient enough reading >1000 posts in a row. Enjoy! 8-)
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

@Walter

I agree it is quite common to include the latest information in the 1st post of a long thread, when the links, versions, etc. are expected to change over tine, this is absolutely the most common convention at MoHPC, hp41.org and most other boards for other topics.

It's useful because the 1st post in a thread can always be found more easily than any other post (except maybe the last) so it's a logical place to keep the most up-to-date information. As the links and version info evolve over the course of long discussions, there is no way to know when the last update took place, one needs to go to the end (the newest post) and read backwards until you find the post with the links.

If the 1st post is maintained and updated as new info is released, the new posts announcing and describing those changes should direct readers to the initial post to see the download links. Experienced readers, and those following this topic, will quickly learn to see the 1st post for the latest news and links.

While I've no idea how to suggest this is logical in Greek, I think you can agree it makes sense and would be a good practice to adopt.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
toml_12953

Post by toml_12953 »

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:02 am
@Walter

I agree it is quite common to include the latest information in the 1st post of a long thread, when the links, versions, etc. are expected to change over tine, this is absolutely the most common convention at MoHPC, hp41.org and most other boards for other topics.

It's useful because the 1st post in a thread can always be found more easily than any other post (except maybe the last) so it's a logical place to keep the most up-to-date information. As the links and version info evolve over the course of long discussions, there is no way to know when the last update took place, one needs to go to the end (the newest post) and read backwards until you find the post with the links.

If the 1st post is maintained and updated as new info is released, the new posts announcing and describing those changes should direct readers to the initial post to see the download links. Experienced readers, and those following this topic, will quickly learn to see the 1st post for the latest news and links.

While I've no idea how to suggest this is logical in Greek, I think you can agree it makes sense and would be a good practice to adopt.
How about a link area that can't be added to by anyone other than certain people. It only contains links by developers. No one can respond to any post in it.
Tom L

Some people call me inept but I'm as ept as anybody!
DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
WP43 SN: 00025 (Prototype)
akaTB

Post by akaTB »

toml_12953 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 am
How about a link area that can't be added to by anyone other than certain people. It only contains links by developers. No one can respond to any post in it.
I was just going to suggest the same thing.
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Walter

Post by Walter »

@Bob
Yes, in principle. But ...
  1. typical threads on the fora you mentioned are relatively short, so the number of edits of the OP are few if any;
  2. I did never observe any OP edited e.g. a hundred times (which would be expected for a thread of several hundred posts);
  3. I doubt that a thread is the appropriate 'medium' for a comprehensive information about such a project. It can only be a teaser and a pointer to recent developments and the actual information being stored elsewhere. Here, the actual project information is stored in gitlab and is updated on a regular basis. Thus, hyperlinks to gitlab are published here repeatedly. We will have numbered releases very soon, where you will find each and every information you need within said release.
@Tom & Massimo
Possibly the release concept is something that can appeal to you as well.

@All
May I ask you for a few days of patience, please? And - at Bob's special request - some Greek of Ἡράκλειτου του Ἐφέσιου to remember:
πάντα ῥεῖ - everything flows, for 2500 years.