Printed manual for the 43S ?

This area is for discussion about these families of custom high-end Scientific Calculator applications for SwissMicros devices.
rawi

Printed manual for the 43S ?

Post by rawi »

Hi,

is it possible to offer a printed manual for the 43S? Either together with the calculator or as an item to be bought seperately? Perhaps I am a little bit old fashioned but I prefer a printed book very much to a mere pdf-file. You do not need a computer and you can go forwards and backwards much quicker.

For the 43S it is more important than for any other Swiss Micros calculator to offer a printed manual because you cannot buy printed manuals for the corresponding HP calculator. And with print on demand it should not be a big risk for the supplier to make such an offer.

Of course you can make a print out of any pdf-file but you are very limited in terms of format and binding.

Thank you very much for considering it.

Best

Raimund
gmac42

Re: Printed manual for the 43S ?

Post by gmac42 »

I would love a printed manual with proper metal ring binding.
Would be interesting to know if most users would want one to be included with the calculator or if it's better sold as a separate product. The latter would have the benefit of being able to publish revised versions after firmware updates. (If the changes warrant an update of the manual, that is.)
DM41X #542, DM42 #650, DM41L #801, HP 41CX, HP 41CV, HP 50G, HP11C, TI 89
rawi

Post by rawi »

I would prefer to have it included, I would like it anyhow and if it is included it would at least save shipping costs. Ring binding would be excellent, but another durable binding would be fine as well.
gmac42

Post by gmac42 »

Regarding the expected price of the calculator, I'm not sure the shipping costs will matter all that much, tbh.
And wouldn't you save shipping costs as well if you just order them together?
DM41X #542, DM42 #650, DM41L #801, HP 41CX, HP 41CV, HP 50G, HP11C, TI 89
reavy

Post by reavy »

Weirdos like me would prefer it included, even if just as an add-on at device ordering time, and then would pay to get the updated versions as they became available.