Question on multiline output display (The CAves game)

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
HCervantes

Question on multiline output display (The CAves game)

Post by HCervantes »

Greetings,

I am new here and will appreciate your comments/tips on the following: There is an old game for the HP-42s, "The Caves", pretty similar to famous "Hunt the Wumpus" for the HP-41C and 42s, but a bit more ellaborated. The Caves for HP-42s runs fine on DM42, but displaying only one status line at a time at the top of the screen (plus the command line at the bottom) as the game goes on. What I am trying to accomplish is showing multiple status lines as this would make an easier game to follow, as shown in the image...
BB4.JPG
BB4.JPG (36.69 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
How could this be done? I know it is possible to show multiple text lines using the append symbol in combination with the LF instruction, but it is not practical here, as several status lines are generated as the game is in progress. Thank you again for you comments/thoughts.

HC