Aviation Navigation

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
Jim_W

Aviation Navigation

Post by Jim_W »

Here are a couple of my aviation programs for pilots who like to fly VFR. The first program is “AirNav” (Airport Navigation). 16 favorite airports are stored in a 16X3 matrix. The 3 columns are: Airport Name, Latitude, Longitude. The program shows all 16 airport names on 1 screen. – Use Key6 and Shift Key6 to toggle between big font and small font. And remember to turn on Dynamic Stack Extension in Settings. Departing airport and arriving airport are inputted and then the program calculates the magnetic course heading and distance between the two airports. The second program, “D_Rec” (Dead Reckoning) can then be used to determine the wind corrected heading and the flight time. Yes, I know, the GPS gives you all of this information, but sometimes it’s just fun to fly by pilotage. Also, this is a good back-up for times when the GPS isn’t working. - Jim_W

I'm sorry. I forgot to show you how matrix APID (Airport ID) looks. The APID file is a doc file that shows how the 16X3 matric looks. The Lat and Long are in the decimal format. Input only the Airport Name's number - the number shown on the opening screen.
Attachments
MATRIX APID.docx
Matrix APID
(12.53 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
D_Rec.raw
Dead Reckoning
(253 Bytes) Downloaded 153 times
AirNav.raw
Airport to Airport Navigation
(617 Bytes) Downloaded 165 times