Lines and Circles Program

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
Jim_W

Lines and Circles Program

Post by Jim_W »

DM42 Lines and Circles Program
The following program, “LinCir” calculates intersections and tangent points of lines and circles that are placed on a Cartesian coordinate system. The main program has five sub programs which are called from the main menu. The menu labels are:
1) LLint - Line Line Intersection
2) LCint - Line Circle intersection
3) CCint - Circle Circle intersection
4) LCTan - Line Circle Tangent
5) 3PtCir - 3 Points Circle (determines circle’s center and radius)
6) EXIT - Exits the program

Jim_W
Attachments
DM42 Lines & Circles Program.docx
Calculates intersections and tangents
(24.81 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
rawi

Re: Lines and Circles Program

Post by rawi »

Hi Jim, this is a very powerful program that does many things. Thank you for sharing it.
I tried to type it in. At line 20, there was command XASTO, which I could not find in the HP 42 manual. Do you use the standard DM 42 commands or an extension?
Thank you very much for your answer.
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

rawi wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:04 pm
At line 20, there was command XASTO, which I could not find in the HP 42 manual. Do you use the standard DM 42 commands or an extension?
XASTO is part of the Free42 String and List extensions. You can also find it on your DM42 in the latest help file under: Free42 Extensions > String and List Functions.

To enter it go to CATALOG > down_arrow > STR > down_arrow down_arrow
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
Jim_W

Post by Jim_W »

You’re welcome, rawi. Dlachieze is right. XASTO is not on the HP42s. It works just like the HP42s’ ASTO but it copies the entire ALPHA register, not just the first six characters. My ‘Line & Circle’ program should work on the HP42s – just abbreviate the long variable names to seven or less letters.
Aircraft designers do not “double dimension” because of manufacturing issues. I need these points to analyze the various components. - Jim_W