Mandelbrot graphic test

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
SeeMess

Re: Mandelbrot graphic test

Post by SeeMess »

Hi all - very sorry to be so late to the party - but I'm having trouble getting the mandel program to run. It loads with success, and shows up as an executable program after pressing the XEQ key. I get as far as entering variables, e.g., those suggested in the post above. But once I get a value entered for niter - how do I get it to move forward?
I've tried hitting the R/S key - but this produces errors, e.g., "DIVIDE BY 0", with the program stopping on line 77, where it is to divide after RCL 11 in line 76. Pressing XEQ simply returns me to the initial choice of programs to run.
Very sorry if I'm missing something obvious - but any tips, tricks, and suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks! -