Matrix Viewer

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
Bill (Smithville NJ)

Re: Matrix Viewer

Post by Bill (Smithville NJ) »

whuyse wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:03 am
Upper/lower case is no issue of course, that’s not what I meant by ‘topaligned’. It’s just that a font of n pixels occupies the top n pixels, not the bottom n.
And sub- and superscript is similar: just swap the two adjustments? (The Y-adjustment for a bottom-aligned subscript is the negative of the adjustment for a top-aligned superscript)
On the other hand, AGRAPH’s coordinates refer to the top left of the string to display, and if you’re going to display several lines, lower lines may overwrite what you’ve written before (with bottom-alignment).
So, I still vote for top-alignment ;-)
You're right - not sure why I was so confused on the top-alignment.

I agree - let's go with the top-alignment.

I'll start modifying the "FONTS" program to generate the "UFL",
Top-Aligned, and 4x128. Font 1 will be the smallest with Font 4 being the largest.
At present, I have Font codes for all of Fonts 1and 3, the digits 0-9 for Font 2,
and Font 4 will be left blank for future.

I'll also add a space at the end of each character.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
pica

Post by pica »

This is indeed an amazing bit of coding, and will be useful. I mostly use matrices for stats, where I can check data before accumulating it.

However, looking at it as a dumb user, I have a couple of issues.

1. Before loading the state file, I obviously saved both my own state, as well as all my programs as a single file.
After loading Mview.s42, I was impressed, but a problem comes when trying to reload my own programs.
The calculator just hangs, saying "loading..." until I push exit.
I guess that some kind of memory limit is being exceeded? My "AllPrograms.raw" is only about 4.5 kb.
I notice that there seem to be quite a few things like CHESS and SUD2K, which do not seem essential to the basic viewer.
I wonder what I can safely delete, leaving just the bare bones of the matrix viewer?
Or perhaps, a list of the essential routines that I should not delete will also work.

2. I would quite like to rebuild my own custom menu structure. I guess that it is safe to unassign all of your menu assignations?

3. You mention that to close cleanly after an accidental exit I should "just do Rv 2 R/S " . Is "Rv" a program? I do not find it. Which is not saying that it is not there.
HP50G HP35s Free42 DM42.
Testing WP43S, C43.
whuyse

Post by whuyse »

Hi, thanks for the nice words!
It's been a while, and it was really only a 'Proof of Concept', to see if it could be done, and if the 'scrolling' was not too slow.
I'm not sure which subroutines are used in the program.. M0N and Mx+ surely, maybe MANT or SMX, D44? you can quickly tell SST'ing through the main program.. but CHESS and SUD2K are not used, they are grid drawing examples.
1. I have no idea why the calculator would hang.. perhaps because it is a state file from a few versions ago?
2. Yes my menu assignments can be altered of course
3. Rv is 'roll down'. If I ever get round to do the rewrite, I will make sure to use the new GETKEY1 instruction, so that the EXIT key is also caught, and the accidental exit can't happen any more.

Cheers, Werner
41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE, DM15L