Strange shadow on the screen

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
anderin

Strange shadow on the screen

Post by anderin »

Hello friends:
I am a happy user of the DM42 for a few years now (SN:00801)
I have not had any problems with it, neither with the keyboard nor with the battery. I use it daily.
But today I have seen something strange on the screen. A shadow in the center that corresponds to the off screen "future.bmp". I attach the photos.
Has it happened to someone else? It has a solution?
Greetings to all.
Ander
Attachments
Screen.gif
Screen.gif (79.37 KiB) Viewed 2522 times
rprosperi

Re: Strange shadow on the screen

Post by rprosperi »

This is quite strange and never reported before.

Was the DM42 with this image showing left untouched for a long period, was it subjected to unusually hot or cold extremes, left in sunlight, or any other atypical environmental situations? Was external power (other than USB) connected? Can you similarly recall any other operational odd sequences?

To restore it, you can try loading fully black (all pixels ON) for a while, and alternate with fully while (all pixels OFF). Let the DM42 stay off for as long as possible (days) with one of these images active.

Once tried, please report results back here.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
anderin

Post by anderin »

Thank you for your attention rprosperi.
Sure enough, the calculator has been unused for a month. There have been no extreme temperatures. I'm going to follow your advice and I'll tell you.
All the best,
Ander
anderin

Post by anderin »

Hello Bob:

I have followed your advice. After four days with "blank.bmp" as the image with the calculator turned off, the shadow is almost gone, so much so that I can't get a picture to show it. I understand that with more time it will disappear completely.

Thank you very much for your attention.

All the best,

Ander
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

Ander,

Thanks for your patience, testing and reporting positive results here. This will be helpful news for future readers to find this solution should that situation happen again.

Please report later once totally gone, or if the problem reappears.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100