Faceplate cosmetic problems

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
fs5qc

Re: Faceplate cosmetic problems

Post by fs5qc »

Look at the number 6 key
toml_12953 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:38 pm
fs5qc wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:41 pm
I just got my DM42 but 6 key and x<>y key got print quality
Issue
Maybe old eyes are a blessing in this case but I don't see a problem with the quality of either.

:shock:
reavy

Post by reavy »

I see the small defect in the 6, but not in the x<>y key.
fs5qc

Post by fs5qc »

Yes is hard to take a photo that shows the defect I don’t have a macro lens
reavy wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:05 pm
I see the small defect in the 6, but not in the x<>y key.
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

If none of us can see it at all, and it would take a macro lens to capture it, is it really a problem worth escalating?

And then 6 hours into using a new one, some other microscopic defect may be found - then what?

SM has superlative customer service as readers here know well, and are quick to replace truly defective products or components, but it seems that if there are defects reported by a customer that other people can't even see, and/or need to be explained in detail to the reader to notice, then it seems they might be trying to take advantage of SM's quality care. Just my opinion.... :cry:
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
fs5qc

Post by fs5qc »

I found It right when I unboxed it not in 6 hours.

rprosperi wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:56 am
If none of us can see it at all, and it would take a macro lens to capture it, is it really a problem worth escalating?

And then 6 hours into using a new one, some other microscopic defect may be found - then what?

SM has superlative customer service as readers here know well, and are quick to replace truly defective products or components, but it seems that if there are defects reported by a customer that other people can't even see, and/or need to be explained in detail to the reader to notice, then it seems they might be trying to take advantage of SM's quality care. Just my opinion.... :cry: