Upgraded keypad

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
HPMike

Re: Upgraded keypad

Post by HPMike »

Walter wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:09 pm
HPMike wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 pm
Walter wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:48 am

HPMike, each and every member is entitled to expect proper posts here - not guesswork due to false abbreviations or typos (which sometimes may look trivial for native writers (?) but are definitely not for others). And each and every poster can and should improve his latest post by correcting it when finding imperfections after submitting (don't fire and forget but read it again).

In the case above, CHD sounded very close to USD, and this rang a bell since I know the cosmopolitan abilities of many citizens of god's own country... Sorry if it was just a typo, but even this way you and me learned something at least, didn't we?
So, this is just another example of your personal disdain for the USA and its citizens. And what exactly makes you think that 48GX is from the USA, since there is no location listed for this member. Would it make any difference if he/she were European ?
I'm quite sure an European wouldn't have made this mistake. (And it isn't 'disdain', it's some decades of sad experience. The US has brilliant minds, too, but John and Myrtle Doe ... If you're looking for evidence, look at 1/6 for example.)
Gee, I wonder why you got booted out of the MoHPc forum. :lol:
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
Walter

Post by Walter »

HPMike wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:37 pm
Walter wrote:
I'm quite sure an European wouldn't have made this mistake. (And it isn't 'disdain', it's some decades of sad experience. The US has brilliant minds, too, but John and Myrtle Doe ... If you're looking for evidence, look at 1/6 for example.)
That's easily explained: Some people in the Wild West didn't want to hear uneasy truths how their behavior and attitudes may be viewed from the exterior. And since they had no better arguments obviously ... 8-)
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Walter wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:48 pm
HPMike wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:37 pm
Walter wrote:
That's easily explained: Some people in the Wild West didn't want to hear uneasy truths how their behavior and attitudes may be viewed from the exterior. And since they had no better arguments obviously ... 8-)
Both world wars originated in Europe, just saying. So much for your refined and civilized European culture.
48GX

Post by 48GX »

Walter wrote:
HPMike wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:28 pm
Walter wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:48 am

HPMike, each and every member is entitled to expect proper posts here - not guesswork due to false abbreviations or typos (which sometimes may look trivial for native writers (?) but are definitely not for others). And each and every poster can and should improve his latest post by correcting it when finding imperfections after submitting (don't fire and forget but read it again).

In the case above, CHD sounded very close to USD, and this rang a bell since I know the cosmopolitan abilities of many citizens of god's own country... Sorry if it was just a typo, but even this way you and me learned something at least, didn't we?
So, this is just another example of your personal disdain for the USA and its citizens. And what exactly makes you think that 48GX is from the USA, since there is no location listed for this member. Would it make any difference if he/she were European ?
The "an" before European is not grammatically correct. Where do we stop this silliness? I'm pretty sure an American wouldn't have made that mistake.
Waiting for SM to release DM42 hardware with one additional row of keys.
DM42, DB48X, DM32, HP42s, DM41X, HP35s, DM41L
Raising a next generation RPN/RPL user.
rawi

Post by rawi »

The "an" before European is not grammatically correct. Where do we stop this silliness? I'm pretty sure an American wouldn't have made that mistake.
Is this relevant for a forum like this? Can the "n" be a source of misunderstanding? I do not think so. We must realize that the English language used here is, for some people, the language they grew up with; for others (including me), it was learned later with different success. To have fair participation of all interested in the topic of this forum, regardless of their first language, we should be tolerant of mistakes in grammar and spelling.
redglyph

Post by redglyph »

How to derail a thread 101 and how better can sometimes be worse. :roll:
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

redglyph wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:48 am
How to derail a thread 101 and how better can sometimes be worse. :roll:
You can thank your European compatriot Walter for this mess.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

rawi wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:43 am
Is this relevant for a forum like this? Can the "n" be a source of misunderstanding? I do not think so. We must realize that the English language used here is, for some people, the language they grew up with; for others (including me), it was learned later with different success. To have fair participation of all interested in the topic of this forum, regardless of their first language, we should be tolerant of mistakes in grammar and spelling.
No, it is not. But 48GX was just responding sarcastically to an equally irrelevant attack on him/her and Americans in general for making an innocent typographical error when referencing the abbreviation for the Swiss currency. If you are interested in further understanding what has prompted this exchange, go back a few pages and read the posts by Walter that started all this nonsense. Oh, and BTW, English is not my first language, although I am currently a US citizen and live in the USA.
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

To move back to the thread topic, I have upgraded my DM42 with the new domes foil and the result is the same as reported previously by Dave Britten:
Dave Britten wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:33 pm
The keys are almost totally silent, and have a soft but very definite tactile response.
I had a few keys that were not always registering, now this is solved. So I’m very pleased with this upgrade.

I have a second foil that I ordered for my DM41X Beta, but on this one the keyboard is working pretty fine, and is a bit more stiffer than on the upgraded DM42.

So my question for the ones who installed the new foil on their DM41X Beta: was it much different after the upgrade?
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
Walter

Post by Walter »

HPMike wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:29 pm
rawi wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:43 am
No, it is not. But 48GX was just responding sarcastically to an equally irrelevant attack on him/her and Americans in general for making an innocent typographical error when referencing the abbreviation for the Swiss currency. If you are interested in further understanding what has prompted this exchange, go back a few pages and read the posts by Walter that started all this nonsense. Oh, and BTW, English is not my first language, although I am currently a US citizen and live in the USA.
Recommended since the odds are frightening high you'll find out that HPMike started becoming personal in this thread. Try to discuss soberly with a Texan about English... BTW and FWIW, English is my 3rd language.

Anyway I appreciate this thread returning to topic.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041