DM41x is no longer recognised by Windows 10

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
jonmoore

DM41x is no longer recognised by Windows 10

Post by jonmoore »

I was connected as a USB Disk when out of nowhere one of the modules I was transferring froze mid transfer (the Finance module). Since then any time I've attempted to connect to that Windows 10 workstation I get a Disk Not Recognised warning and a prompt to format the drive.

The unit still functions perfectly but the drive is no longer recognised.

Any idea of the steps to remedy this situation. I'm presuming I need to reformat the drive in a particular 16 or 32 bit format and rebuild from there. Having said that, I don't want to steam in arms flailing with no particular strategy in mind.
Joe Horn

Re: DM41x is no longer recognised by Windows 10

Post by Joe Horn »

I was in the same boat a few days ago. I accidentally tried to load a bad image into the OFFIMG folder, and it choked so badly that I had to unplug the cable to regain control, but the FAT was corrupted. The solution was easy: Shift 0 (SETUP), 5 (System), 2 (Enter System Menu), 5 (Format FAT Disk). It recreates everything, except the OFFIMG folder which I had to create manually (IIRC). Of course, the above wipes out all your stored programs and stuff.
jonmoore

Re: DM41x is no longer recognised by Windows 10

Post by jonmoore »

Thanks Joe.

I was just poking around and found the Format Fat in the System menu myself. Great news that it manages to maintain the current firmware. I was less worried about reloading the modules as I maintain a backup of all the stuff I've tested that want to keep. But it was a pleasant surprise to see the reformat option hiding behind the 'scary' go to jail, and do not pass go, System menu. :)