Need a replacement LCD

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
Dave Britten

Need a replacement LCD

Post by Dave Britten »

I think opening the calculator to work on the keyboard response has taken its toll on the LCD ribbon cable. I'm getting very intermittent behavior from the screen (partial updates, blank/fading screen, etc.). I'm guessing I need to buy a new one, but I'm not an expert at sourcing components like this. Anybody know where I can order small quantities (i.e. 1-2) of the LCD used in the DM42? The actual installation will be a piece of cake if I can get the right part.
ijabbott

Re: Need a replacement LCD

Post by ijabbott »

It might not be the ribbon cable. It might be the connector. If so, buying a new LCD wouldn't help.
Dave Britten

Post by Dave Britten »

The ribbon cable is definitely knackered in my case. That doesn't rule out an issue with the connector, of course, but I do know I need a new LCD assembly.
Dave Britten

Post by Dave Britten »

UPDATE: Michael was able to sell me a new screen assembly. It only took me a few minutes to do the swap, and everything is working fine now. Hooray!
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Try to do that with a TI or HP calculator! Yea Swiss Micros!
Dave Britten

Post by Dave Britten »

MikeD wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:46 am
Try to do that with a TI or HP calculator! Yea Swiss Micros!
No kidding! I'd probably still be trying to get it installed. :D I always appreciate user-serviceable electronics.