Size Error

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
J Peters

Size Error

Post by J Peters »

Sorry if this has been asked before but I could not search on "Size Error" as it says the term is too common.

I have no idea how my DM42 got into this state, but any stats functions now fail with Size Error. I can't even clear the stat registers without this error coming up. I have deleted the REGS variable manually and recreated it with MODES-->SIZE (gave a value of 25 for this, is this correct?). Problem persists. Thanks for any help.
ijabbott

Re: Size Error

Post by ijabbott »

Check the location of the summation registers with the ΣREG? function (shown as ΣRG? in the STATS menu). The default value is 11. It can be changed with the ΣREG nn function.
J Peters

Post by J Peters »

You are a genius, thank you. It was set to 88. Set to 11 and now is working again.

If you don't mind then I'd appreciate knowing
  • What this value actually means and
  • What I accidentally did to cause this (I had been adding stat data to get arithmetic mean when it happened but I'm pretty sure I didn't press ΣREG )
Thanks
J Peters

Post by J Peters »

Actually I've worked out what it means - the number of the first statistical summation register. Having it set to 88 when there are only 25 registers - I can see why that caused a Size Error!

Only question then is how I did this by accident. ΣREG is on a second-row menu, and it requires you to key in a number and press ENTER, unlike the main stats functions which take the value in the X register. I can't see how I'd have invoked it easily by accident. Oh well.