Problem with multiple help files

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
Nigel (UK)

Problem with multiple help files

Post by Nigel (UK) »

I am trying to make it possible for a user of my program (WP 34S for DM42) to provide their own helpfiles for any programs that they write, and to open these helpfiles under program control. The program already allows access to its own helpfile (wp34s_help.html). I'm using the run_help_file() DMCP function, with a filename supplied by the user (via the alpha register, but that doesn't matter).

What happens is that run_help_file(filename1) opens "filename1" without any problem. However, calling run_help_file(filename2) with a new argument still opens "filename1". It seems that once run_help_file() has opened a help file, it won't open a different one.

The only way around this is to go to the DMCP screen and reload the program. run_help_file() then "forgets" the previous help file that it has opened, and is willing to open a new one.

I am using the latest version of DMCP. (This didn't work in the previous version either; it's not a new problem.)

Does anyone know a way to make run_help_file() open a different help file without reloading the program?

Nigel (UK)