Dead DM42

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
LarsF

Dead DM42

Post by LarsF »

My DM42 died after a unsuccessful update
Downloaded and copied the firmware to the calculator, ejected the usb disk form computer. The update started och I removed the usb cable from calculator, the update stopped at 5%. After 10 minutes I tried to power off with no luck, tried the reset button with no luck. The screen still show update screen and 5% done. I removed the battery and installed it again, the screen went black with some lines. Removed the battery again and waited 10 minutes before I installed it again, now the screen is all black :(

Any tips that can help med to get it working again?
LarsF

Re: Dead DM42

Post by LarsF »

Up and running again :D
used the dfu-util on my Mac flash the firmware after setting it in boot loader mode.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Do not disconnect the USB cable until you have completed the flash operation, which uses a lot of power and can cause the battery voltage to drop too low. All you have to do after disconnecting from your PC or MAC is to exit the USB Disk mode, and the flashing will complete automatically. I'm not saying that this is what happened in your case, but it is possible.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
LarsF

Post by LarsF »

My guess also, I will try to remember not to remove USB cable next time