I failed in updating firmware V3.1

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
Bunuel66

Re: I failed in updating firmware V3.1

Post by Bunuel66 »

Just to say that I finally achieved the update (3.1) by the process described in this topic.
Would be nice if SM could modify the software building the sector table for not being stuck at
every failing block but rather to go on. ;)

For information, my system is a Xubuntu 16.04 and the USB works directly and see the Fat disk as soon as
it is not corrupted (in fact it could be seen even corrupted but there is not a lot of ways for interacting with it).
At least on my system it is not necessary to update the /etc/udev/***.rules

Regards to all
Michael
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

A new version v2.3 of the flashing tools dm_tool is available at https://www.swissmicros.com/dm42/tools/
It addresses some hanging reports while flashing.

- Fixed wrong behavior on file-dialog 'Cancel'
- Version info in About screen
- Supports new DMFlash-2.3 firmware
- Full filename shown in file label
revwillie

Post by revwillie »

Just downloaded and tried new dm tool.

I saved state, entered bootloader mode, dm tool recognized my calculator, then I flashed =3.1 over 3.1.

No issues as far as I could tell. Would it be a good idea to announce the 2.3 update in a separate thread?
DM42 SN: 00076
DM15, HP 28c, HP 12c, HP 10b, HP 20b, HP 30b, HP 17bII, HP 42s, HP 35s, WP 34s, NP-25, TI-83+, teenix multicalc
Geoff Quickfall

Post by Geoff Quickfall »

I concur.

For zeno I reloaded everything from scratch but could not duplicate his problem. But continuously trying to find this release was a pain. How about locating this in the firmware update department.

Also my windows 10requires me to “run as administrator “ from pop up menu every time. I will investigate that warren known as windows to remove this extra click.

Cheers