Problem with input of numeric label

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
rawi

Problem with input of numeric label

Post by rawi »

Hi,
whenever I want to input a numeric label in my DM 42 (by pressing f PGM.FCN - LBL or XEQ f ALPHA LBL) the Alpha-Mode is switched on. In the lowest line of the screen the Alphabet is shown above the 6 top line keys and the sign |A| is in the first line of the screen. I am not able to switch off the Alpha mode. Pressing ENTER or f ALPHA gives a beep and nothing happens. How can I put in e.g. 01 after the LBL? I tried with f 0 but that does not work either.

Thank you very much

Raimund
dlachieze

Re: Problem with input of numeric label

Post by dlachieze »

Hi,

Press Shift followed by DownArrow until you see [ ] instead of [A], this will put your DM42 in the original HP-42S input mode and allow you to use the numeric keys to enter numbers. See the "Alpha Input Mode" in the DM42 manual for the description of the different modes.

This was discussed previously here.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
rawi

Post by rawi »

Thank you very much for your answer, it worked.
And sorry that I did not realize that it was already discussed. I did not know that it was discussed there.

Best

Raimund
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

The link to the previous discussion was only to provide you some background on why it works like this on the DM42.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042