DM42-corruption when changing 1st program name. (fuel tank volume fun)

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
OlidaBel

DM42-corruption when changing 1st program name. (fuel tank volume fun)

Post by OlidaBel »

Hi,
I created a new "program space" with the "GTO .." command.
I defined the first LBL , let's say "LABEL1". Then I programmed below this label. Several LBL were also added.
Later I changed the logical scope of my program, I modified the first program label to "LABEL2".
From here, problems started when I went to SETUP, SAVE PROGRAM, [x] LABEL2, NEW FILE.
The file saved stayed with 0 bytes.
Later I tested a backup into a State, without success, as this issued a Memory reset. Ouch.

I think there was something wrong when I changed the first program name at the LBL instruction on line 01. Why ?
My program is lost :|

Nonetheless there is also a DM42 positive experience during this morning coding, as numerical integration into a program was fun, clear and fast. Yesterday I first coded my HP-48GX, porting a very old HP-28S own program, mixing algebraic expressions, <<programs>> and numerical integration, without total success, something annoyingly subtle behind :-(. Well, DM42 does the job well.

The problem that interested me here was to calculate the remaining volume of a fuel tank knowing the fuel height . The tank is an horizontal cylinder with curved (spherical) ends. A double integral is necessary for the sides volume. The first integral was originally done by hands and verified today on the HP Prime (CAS), the second was done numerically (this topic). Around 1989 when I was student I printed these results [height;volume] on thermal paper (fortunately photocopied ! :D) for my Grandmother, she always told me later it was precise and helpful :).
---
Olivier
48GX, Prime G2, 50G, DM15L, DM42, 28S, HP 15c CE
PierreMengisen

Re: DM42-corruption when changing 1st program name. (fuel tank volume fun)

Post by PierreMengisen »

Hello Olivier
Maybe this post will help you
viewtopic.php?p=17358#p17358
Pierre
[TI59 with PC100C; TI-84 Plus CE-T; HP41CV with HP IL loop & 2*82161A DCD & 82162 TP; HP15C; HP28S; DM41; DM41L; DM42; DM41X]
OlidaBel

Re: DM42-corruption when changing 1st program name. (fuel tank volume fun)

Post by OlidaBel »

PierreMengisen wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:57 pm
Hello Olivier
Maybe this post will help you
viewtopic.php?p=17358#p17358
Merci Pierre. Dm42 does not support Focal, but the post indicates a way for troubleshooting this issue.
---
Olivier
48GX, Prime G2, 50G, DM15L, DM42, 28S, HP 15c CE