How to hide the Stack in Programs?

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
Exkursion

How to hide the Stack in Programs?

Post by Exkursion »

Hi,
at the weekend I played a little with my new DM42 and programmed a few little things. I've already got into logic (a little).
However, I have a "problem", in my programs the stack is always shown to me during execution, so I only have limited space on the large display to show the results. In some photos I have also seen programs that can fully use the display, I want that too.

Since I only know that I don't know anything, I still lack the terms to find a solution on my own. Is the behavior described by me this stack lift or do I have to save the variables differently?

I could use some help :roll:

Daniel
Florian

Re: How to hide the Stack in Programs?

Post by Florian »

Hi Daniel,

it is my understanding that you cannot increase the visible area of the ALPHA display beyond two lines. Also I think that you cannot completely hide the stack. You might be able to reduce the number of visible stack lines via the DM42 SETUP but I guess that is not what you are looking for.

If you want to have the full display area for displaying results you probably have no choice but to switch into graphics mode. From there on it is up to you to place each and every pixel where you want it, giving you the freedom to use the whole screen for whatever you need. In that respect one library I find very useful is the DISPLAY program by Bill which you can find here. This program allows you to quite easily render strings as pixel graphics onto the screen.

Cheers
Florian
Exkursion

Re: How to hide the Stack in Programs?

Post by Exkursion »

Many Thanks!
I'm not sure what exactly I was looking for, but the finished solution with graphics mode does the job. I also thought about the graphics mode for a moment, but then shied away from the work. I assumed that a fullscreen switch or something similar is hidden somewhere. So i'm glad that you pointed me to Bills Program.

Thanks
Daniel