Faceplate replacement

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
ferni123

Faceplate replacement

Post by ferni123 »

Dear all,

I am looking for some comments and experiences on how to replace the faceplate since the original had some printing issues.

How is the best way to remove the current faceplate?
How is the best way to stick the new faceplate?
Is the new faceplate firmly sticked after the replacement?

Thanks in advance,
Fernando
bernouilli

Re: Faceplate replacement

Post by bernouilli »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240&p=3194#p3194

I changed a faceplate on another calculator recently and I used this kind of tape :
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07W6QF8KL
I choose the 3mm wide. But maybe for the dm42, 2mm wide is better.

It’s really strong a tape, you have to be carefull when putting the faceplate on the calculator because once it touches the calculator, it’s hard to glue it off.
DM15L - DM42 - DM41x
nephilim

Post by nephilim »

If I remember correctly, the replacement faceplate from SM comes with adhesive tape already. All you need to to is peel the protective film off and put the plate on. No issues since then on my two units.
DM42 (free42, C47), DM15L, HP15C CE, HP35s, HP33s
ferni123

Post by ferni123 »

Hello,

Thanks for the comments. Indeed the faceplate comes with adhesive tape.

My main doubts are on how to replace the old faceplate and clean the surface before sticking the new faceplate. So, the removal of the old faceplate is just with brute force? Or applying first some heat with a hairdryer or something similar? And what about the residual glue in the surface after removing the old faceplate?

Best regards,
Fernando