Geoff Quickfall wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:34 am
Mark, that is it, thanks.
now, if i may trouble you, what did you use to convert?
You're welcome. I used an online converter located at http://tool.anides.de/
. The user interface is a bit clunky but does the job for us lesser mortals.
1. Crop and resize your image to 400x240 and save as a .PNG using Paint or something similar.
2. Go to http://tool.anides.de/
3. Click on an empty area of the web page and an open box pops up where you can select your source image.
4. Once your image opens, select the 2 color B/W pallet.
5. Go through the drop down of possible dithering algorithms until you find what works best for your image.
6. The tool allows you to save the image. Unfortunately, it only saves to an ancient (Amiga?) .IFF file format. So saving takes a few extra steps.
7. Right-click on the dithered image and select Save As... (or whatever your browser provides). The image will be saved as a 1-bit .PNG.
8. Load the image in Paint and re-save it as a .BMP.