Contrast of screen

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
airevspin

Contrast of screen

Post by airevspin »

Hello
Can you tell me how to change the contrast of the screen?
I tried [On] + [+] and [On] + [-], as written en HP-42 book : don't work
And I didn't found information in Free42 book

Thanks
DM42 #05422
grsbanks

Re: Contrast of screen

Post by grsbanks »

There is no contrast adjustment on the DM42.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
airevspin

Post by airevspin »

Thanks for your answer
DM42 #05422
gteague

Post by gteague »

just received mine (7 days to texas although i would have liked a tracking #) and totally blown away by the quality compared to my hp-42s. the screen image after power off caught me by surprise--it's what my kindle does. i downloaded some of the images here and will figure out how to load them later.

but i wanted to thank the op for the question as right after i turned mine on i started looking for how to change the contrast as i'm in a very dim room. none of the usual hp methods worked so i took 3 trips through the menu looking for it without any luck.

i've been reading the hp manual, the free42 manual, and the dm42 manual while waiting for the calculator and i don't think any of them mentioned that you can't change the contrast. i'll have to turn on a light behind me to see it better. and it wasn't time wasted as i know where everything in /setup/ is. :)

great job on this calculator. i've also got the 15 and the 41 from swiss micro although i haven't used them in years now for one reason or another. the 41 is the credit card one and it's just too small for casual use.

/guy
/guy (73 de kg5gt | wqpz784)
ijabbott

Post by ijabbott »

Not sure what a contrast adjustment would achieve on the DM42, since the 'on' pixels are already pretty black and the 'off' pixels are transparent. It looks great in decent lighting conditions.