Wishes for next Updates

Post here to share useful tips and tricks, to ask questions about using your DM42 or to report software-related problems
bernouilli

Re: Wishes for next Updates

Post by bernouilli »

I would like to have a font for the soft menu that is similar to the one in the hp42s.
DM15L - DM42 - DM41x
ppadilla

Re: Wishes for next Updates

Post by ppadilla »

pica wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Walter wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm
pica wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:32 pm
Yes please. I will even appreciate an even bigger font, that uses the whole width of the screen to display a full length number.
You are able to read the keyboard print though, aren't you?
I can, but I would read and use bigger keys better. Being used to hp35s, when I first got the dm42, my first reaction was, my, what tiny keys and printing. By now, having used the dm42 for some time, I pretty much know where each key is, but with reading answers it is different, because the numbers keep changing. Also, it is important to read and copy the display accurately. I will gladly forego seeing the last x register for an even bigger font.

When the source code becomes public, I might even try to look into it for myself.
Second this request. Wouldn't mind larger keyboard fonts too. Also I second the key bouncer update - brand new DM42 has this issue (it does happen regardless of the slow autorepeat being selected) so the debouncer code needs a little tweaking.