UPDATE: DMCP-3.15

This is where announcements of official firmware updates provided by SwissMicros for the DM42 calculator will be made.

Please do not post bug reports here. The Usage tips, tricks and problem reports forum is there for that.

Please do not post notices of third party firmware builds here, they will be deleted. Instead, please use the Third Party firmware builds forum for this purpose.
H2X

Re: UPDATE: DMCP-3.15

Post by H2X »

Geoff Quickfall wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:18 pm
Let’s stop this hyperbole as it is becoming recursive!
Are you proposing a discontinuity at this point? :D
What is the metric tensor in imperial units?
Geoff Quickfall

Post by Geoff Quickfall »

In Honeywells world of navigation equipment a discontinuity is followed by vectors which is preferable to circling (hold).

So yes :?:

:lol:
H2X

Post by H2X »

Geoff Quickfall wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:10 pm
In Honeywells world of navigation equipment a discontinuity is followed by vectors which is preferable to circling (hold).

So yes :?:

:lol:
That made my day! :lol:
What is the metric tensor in imperial units?
kevinvinv

Post by kevinvinv »

Hello, sorry to be lame... I am trying to update for the first time... can't get the USB disk to show up on any computer. The DM42 screen says USB write mode... WARNING... etc

Nothing seems mounted on either windows or mac pc.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
TwoWeims

Post by TwoWeims »

Some USB cables don't allow the plug to insert into the port on the calculator fully.
I had to trim a bit of the plastic off the USB connector to get it to insert fully.

There are other threads on this forum about this but I can't find one right now.
Geoff Quickfall

Also, there are a lot of cables out there which are power only, no transfer pins hooked up.

Test you cable on another item that is recognized to confirm it is not the cable at fault.
HPMike

Post by HPMike »

Also, the USB port on the DM42 is not aligned properly with the hole in the case, preventing proper insertion of the cable connector. I had to loosen the case screws a bit to get the case hole to line up with the port.
DM15L, S/N 00548. DM42, SN: 00159. DM41X, SN: 00973. DM32, SN 00054.
kevinvinv

Post by kevinvinv »

Looks like I had a bad cable or a mis-alignment... the 3rd cable I tried worked... and seemed to go in a little deeper too. Thanks for all the help!!!
Geoff Quickfall

Been REALLY busy lately so late to the update group

My beta model, which is my in use calculator updated via the Quick Update procedure very easily.

My production unit which was last updated to 3.12 will not update via the Quick Update procedure.

It connects correctly becoming a USB disk on my laptop. I copy the 3.15 code to the root directly as in my Beta Unit. I disconnect and follow the flash firmware from FAT steps.

At this point the calc just freezes with the flash firmware from FAT screen.

Only a reset works which resets to the 3.12 firmware and the 3.15 firmware resident in the root directory.

new battery,
Connected and not connected
Delete and recopy to root via USB

Just stops at the flash firmware from FAT screen .

Any ideas or do I have to do this the old fashioned way?

Cheers

P.s. the beta calculator flashed perfectly following the above procedure:

USB
Firmware to root
Execute “flash firmware from FAT screen.

(Probably missing something blindingly obviously 🙄
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

Geoff,

It looks like your DM42 has an issue that was fixed in V3.13. Unfortunately you'll have to update to V3.15 the old-fashioned way but future updates using the new method will work.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.