It's been a while since the last update announcement so this one's a triple
DMCP V3.9 - V3.9a
- V3.9: some units would drain power much faster than they should when switched off. This was fixed in V3.9.
- V3.9a: Minor fix of text alignment
This brings a number of improvements:
- Update to Free42 V2.0.21 (see here for details)
- New LXYZT stack layout
- Different stack registers can now be displayed with different font sizes (SETUP > Settings > Stack Font Sizes)
- "No program selected" is displayed if you leave the "Save Program" screen without selecting a program to save
dm_tool V2.4 allows you to flash the DMCP firmware (previous versions didn't) and the 32-bit Linux version was unable to flash the QSPI binary. This has been fixed.
This said, using dm_tool to update your DM42 is now deprecated and has been since the ability to update via the FAT drive was introduced.
There have also been updates to the following sections of the manual:
- Firmware update procedure
- Program decoder/encoder
- Changes since firmware V3.7
- Quick update guide
- Program loading/update
- DMCP System Menu
The latest firmware binaries are available here.
- c236c5de10d91c21da999c32a0db45858614062a DM42-3.9.1.pgm
- 8c8f783839db8a228ab7c29c6d35fa9aa71fed34 DMCP_flash_3.9a.bin
- 36e1cf774a5d926f8e8bdfd461119d84b03390be DMCP_flash_3.9a_DM42-3.9.1.bin