- Flashing firmware from FAT
- Second row of keys replicated soft keys when BASE / A...F menu open
- Free42 version 2.0.20
This is something that is going to make things a lot easier for future updates.
You will need to flash this version 3.5 in the traditional manner, but for future versions you will be able proceed as follows:
- Connect the DM42 to USB and activate USB Disk mode
- Copy the firmware file DM42_flash_#.#.bin to the root of the DM42's FAT drive
- Eject the DM42 on your operating system (but don't physically disconnect it)
- On the DM42, SETUP > System > Flash firmware from FAT
- Follow on-screen directions
Once the firmware has been flashed successfully, the .bin file is deleted from the FAT disk.
The DM42 must remain connected for this process to work in order to avoid unnecessary battery drain.
This method can be used to flash any firmware version from 3.5 onwards (upgrading or downgrading), so you can test it as soon as you've flashed it by flashing it again using this method
Second row of keys replicated soft keys when BASE / A...F menu open
Instead of performing the expected functions (∑+, 1/x etc.), pressing the keys on the second row of the keyboard would repeat the HEX digits 'A' to 'F'.
This has been fixed.
Free42 version 2.0.20
Free42 has been updated to address the issued fixed since version 2.0.17.
Details of the updates to Free42 are available on Thomas Okken's site here: http://thomasokken.com/free42/history.html
This is the last time you have to do it this way
Download DM42_flash_3.5.bin and follow instructions in the manual