Hoe is the latest haedware?

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
jtucker

Hoe is the latest haedware?

Post by jtucker »

A while back I sold an early production DM42 due to key press issues. I might be interested in getting a newer one. How is the feel of the latest keyboards? Are all the issues resolved? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I hate it when I can't edit typos in the topic...
Last edited by jtucker on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panchdara

Re: Hoe is the latest haedware?

Post by Panchdara »

Bought DM42 April '21.... DM41X in May '21.... The DM42 works a treat, the DM41X needed a very small tweak on the "3" key dome. gsrbanks sorted that out and I will say, these are very fine working calcs. There are replacement dome pads, but I reckon you'll be just fine.
Dan Simpson

Post by Dan Simpson »

I did attach a stick to my DM42 and used it to weed the garden.
It did not improve the keyboard action, however. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Collection: HP-55, HP-67 (Teenix Mod), HP-15C, HP-16C, HP-41CV, HP-41CX, SY41-CL, DM41X, DM42, HP-42S, HP-48G, HP-71B, HP-75C, HP-86B.
H2X

Post by H2X »

Dan Simpson wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:13 am
I did attach a stick to my DM42 and used it to weed the garden.
It did not improve the keyboard action, however. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did it improve your garden, then? ;)
What is the metric tensor in imperial units?
rudi

Post by rudi »

Got my DM42 (sn06999) last november and am extremely satisfied with it. Besides a lose screw that screwed thikngs up a bit (viewtopic.php?p=22601#p22601), there's been no issues other than me messing up the system ;-)
The keyboard is performing well, no missed keystrokes and all keys have a nice hard feedback. Actually I like the DM42 better than my HP-42S, which has some slightly softer keys. I use it at a daily basis at work and almost every day at home as well. It's still going on the original batteries, even though it rarely is on USB power.
/Rudi

DM-42 (s/n 06999), HP-42S, HP-35s, HP-11c, HP-32SII (ex HP-41CV, ex HP-75C, ex HP-48G + a lot, really lot of a accessories)
Denmark
packrat

Post by packrat »

I was not super thrilled with the original DM42 keyboard, but was inspired to get a new one (and turn the old onto a C43) by how much I liked the keyboard feelof the new DM41X. It and the new run DM42s are super dreamy to use. Lighter than a classic HP, probably because of smaller buttons, but ultimately, light and crisp to use.

I've ordered the replacement domes set for my older DM42/(C43) and will report back on how much difference it makes vs the entirely new DM42.
d_nnix

Post by d_nnix »

I got a DM42 this summer, and the keyboard is excellent, no concerns there. The plastic upper stands a little proud of the stainless lower shell near the base of the keyboard, however, so I did have to improve that fitment using some urethane tape to fill a cavity on the inside and stabilize the ill fitting bit. Very minor nitpick, the product is high quality and it feels wonderful to use.