DM42 versions and shipping question

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
litego4430

DM42 versions and shipping question

Post by litego4430 »

Hi there, I have been waiting for an excuse to finally buy a DM42 ever since I first heard about it a while ago.
I recently found my excuse in the form of receiving an Ama*** gift card. Normally I don't shop there, but I noticed that Swissmicros sell it there too in my country.

The 2 questions I have left:
  • From various youtube review comments and some tweets, as well as this forum I gathered that there are updated versions of the DM42 with improved keys and the like? The latest being from end of 2020? Is this correct?
  • If I order one from Ama*** now, am I guaranteed to receive the newest and improved model?
grsbanks

Re: DM42 versions and shipping question

Post by grsbanks »

Hi there. To answer your questions:

1) Yes. The unsold DM42 units with the older keyboard were removed from sale in September 2020 when the DM41X was released. From that point onwards, only DM42 units made with the same, improved keyboard as the new DM41X were sold and shipped.

2) Again, yes. Even if ordered through Amazon, It's Michael in Zürich who fulfills the order, so you're still getting a unit from the new stock.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
litego4430

Re: DM42 versions and shipping question

Post by litego4430 »

Nice! Thank you, time to pull the trigger I guess.