OFF IMAGE AS FLASH CARDS

Library of images to use as OFFIMG screens on the DM41X and DM42
Forum rules
Do you have a creative streak? Post your OFFIMG photos here.

Images MUST be in Windows-NT .bmp format at a resolution of 400x240 pixels and 1-bit colour depth or they will not be displayed by the DM42. Images that do not meet this requirement will be removed from the forum :)
Geoff Quickfall

OFF IMAGE AS FLASH CARDS

Post by Geoff Quickfall »

Where I work we have memory items and limitations that are to be committed to memory.

So flash cards are used (old school) for memorization practice.

Memory items can apply to many industries so I suddenly realized that my OFFIMG screens could be a series of flash cards. 20 to be exact. By labelling the with 01 through 20 plus the relevant name they can be loaded in order to the DM42s or the DM41xx:

example:

01-787
02-787 spec
... etc

Oh, one more thing. If you use the following code to turn off your DM 41X and DM 42 calculators you can flip through the off images in order with a single push of the ON button.

LBL LO
SF 11
OFF
XEQ LO

I assign the LO routine to shift R/S and use this to turn off the calculator on the DM 41X and to a soft key in the custom menu on the DM 42.

Those that don’t know, the above code will stop an inadvertent power on while the calculator is stored in your work bag, pocket, brief case and etc by automatically turning off if the ON button is pushed.

To recover the ON function, press and hold the R/S key while pressing the ON key and release both. If you want more time you can insert a PSE after the OFF command in the code

Here are some bitmap examples which cycle by invoking LO to turn off the machine (DM 41X only), then using the ON button to turn on the machine which then immediately turns off exhibiting the next off image. If you have them in order they remain in that order so they can be sequential!

One may manually cycle the ON / OFF to get the same effect as the routine “LO” but with many more key presses.

well you get the idea

geoff

Edited for clarity between the DM 41X and the DM 42.
Last edited by Geoff Quickfall on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
whuyse

Re: OFF IMAGE AS FLASH CARDS

Post by whuyse »

I assign the LO routine to shift R/S and use this to turn off the calculator.
Are you sure you're talking about the DM42..?

Cheers, Werner
41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE, DM15L
Geoff Quickfall

Re: OFF IMAGE AS FLASH CARDS

Post by Geoff Quickfall »

Yes, I edited the post to differentiate the R/S key on the DM 41X and a soft key on the DM 42.

Both calculators have the “OFF” and SF 11 ability.

Using this as described above will automatically cycle the flash cards unless you interrupt the OFF routine by using the R/S key also as explained.

Cheers,