Useful Content for the "Ultimative OFFIMG"

Library of images to use as OFFIMG screens on the DM41X and DM42
Forum rules
Do you have a creative streak? Post your OFFIMG photos here.

Images MUST be in Windows-NT .bmp format at a resolution of 400x240 pixels and 1-bit colour depth or they will not be displayed by the DM42. Images that do not meet this requirement will be removed from the forum :)
deetee

Useful Content for the "Ultimative OFFIMG"

Post by deetee »

Hi there!

The OFFIMG of the DM42 can be more than a nice feature. I'm thinking of an useful cheatsheet with useful content and would like to draw "the ultimative OFFIMG" (which is impossible because of different demands of different users).

So which content can be useful for a typical DM42 user?

* Is it some info like on the backside of an 15c (commands like ISG, error messages, character codes)?
* Is it some math or technical formula or some constants or conversion rules?
* Is it some graph (trigonometric circle) or even an ASCII table (see attachment)?
* Can it be something completely different, but an useful add on feature to the calculator (I like the ruler idea - see attachment)?

Do you have some ideas or wishes?

Regards
deetee
Attachments
ultimate.bmp
ultimate.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 9923 times
rprosperi

Re: Useful Content for the "Ultimative OFFIMG"

Post by rprosperi »

Excellent idea!!

I look forward to reading some other suggestions.
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100
deetee

Post by deetee »

I added an ISG help.

More ideas?
Attachments
ultimate.bmp
ultimate.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 9808 times
deetee

Post by deetee »

After doing a lot of programming I saw that much information about the DM42 is in the help-file. But I really missed the character table/codes.

So I decided to use an extended (including 0...31) and bigger (bad eyes) character/ascii table.

In addition to the ruler I implemented some kind of angle meter to measure some gradients. See also the tiny markers on the long side for angles > 30 degrees.

offimg.bmp
offimg.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 9577 times

Regards
deetee
Stefan Karlsson

Post by Stefan Karlsson »

I've been using the previous one (the one with ISG) since you posted it. I love it!
deetee

Post by deetee »

Stefan - thank's for your feedback - as feedback is very rare in this forum.

Right now I'm using:
ulti.bmp
ulti.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 9130 times

The ASCII-table is really big and there is some tribute to PI and e figures.
The ISG explanation is (for my purposes) not needed because it is good documented in the HELP-file.

But maybe you can use an "old" version with ISG but also some kind of angle meter:
ultimate.bmp
ultimate.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 9130 times
Do you have some suggestions what could be useful (for you)?

Regards
deetee
Walter

Post by Walter »

Contains quite some nice ideas! :) Actually, I like the old version better.

The ASCII table in your old version, however, lacks some characters you printed in the new version. My eyes are still good enough to read the small characters in the old table, so I'd appreciate if you'd refine it to contain all the characters included in the new table.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
revwillie

Post by revwillie »

has anyone made a periodic table offimg?
DM42 SN: 00076
DM15, HP 28c, HP 12c, HP 10b, HP 20b, HP 30b, HP 17bII, HP 42s, HP 35s, WP 34s, NP-25, TI-83+, teenix multicalc
deetee

Post by deetee »

Walter wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:36 pm
The ASCII table in your old version, however, lacks some characters you printed in the new version. My eyes are still good enough to read the small characters in the old table, so I'd appreciate if you'd refine it to contain all the characters included in the new table.
Dear Walter!

Sorry for the late answer (due to holidays). You are right - the additional characters (<32) are not official ASCII characters but part of the HP42/DM42 character table. Most of them have to be "drawn by hand". I need them often for printing characters in programms with text output.
After some time I created the following offimage. And I got "all in" including angle meter and ISG-cheat (for Stefan Karlsson).

Any further suggestions (beside a periodic table for what I have no place left)?

Regards
deetee

ulti.bmp
ulti.bmp (12.25 KiB) Viewed 8290 times
rprosperi

Post by rprosperi »

deetee wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Any further suggestions (beside a periodic table for what I have no place left)?
First, thanks for this update! I use this Off-Screen image on all my DM42 machines, and will update them this weekend.

Regarding the periodic table, if that really was feasible (not sure there is enough resolution) keep in mind that could use the full image size; since the DM42 will alternate among all the off-screen images installed, you could simply load both, and if you need the 'other' one, just [ON], [OFF] and you have it.

Looking at it more closely now, there is definitely not enough resolution, though possibly it could fit on 2 or 4 screens, so maybe not justified. Still, the screen shape does sorta scream out for the table, doesn't it? :D
--bob p

DM42: β00071 & 00282, DM41X: β00071 & 00656, DM10L: 071/100