Page 1 of 1

DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 am
by keithdalby
I've been using my DM42\beta as my main driver recently, so imagine my shock and fear when I pressed the on button on my DM-15 only to have nothing happen. The screen remains blank. I've pressed both of the [unlabelled] buttons on the back to see if one of them was a reset, but no luck. Connecting it via USB to my PC, my PC recognises it and installs the necessary driver, but the screen remains blank.

So, what should I try now? Battery? Didn't work when connected to a USB power supply, so I am sceptical, but I will take a screwdriver to it later to look inside.

What else can I try?

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:13 am
by keithdalby
I am SO embarrassed. Changed the battery, works fine.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't judge me.






I'm sorry.

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am
by akaTB
Everything in life eventually comes to an end.

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am
by Walter
akaTB wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am
Everything in life eventually comes to an end.
Only sausages come to two ends! SCNR ;)

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 am
by akaTB
Walter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am
akaTB wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am
Everything in life eventually comes to an end.
Only sausages come to two ends! SCNR ;)
Ja, die Wurst hat zwei.

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm
by H2X
akaTB wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:48 am
Walter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am
akaTB wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:22 am
Everything in life eventually comes to an end.
Only sausages come to two ends! SCNR ;)
Ja, die Wurst hat zwei.
And no beginning? :D

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:12 pm
by Walter
H2X wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm
And no beginning? :D
Go to any butcher in Switzerland, Germany, or Austria, and you will always get a sausage end ("Wurstende") but never a sausage beginning. That's the renowned sausage paradoxon (watch it - it's not the paradoxon of the renowned sausage; did I say I love English since it's such an unambiguous, precise language?). ;)

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:27 pm
by akaTB
Walter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:12 pm
H2X wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm
And no beginning? :D
Go to any butcher in Switzerland, Germany, or Austria, and you will always get a sausage end ("Wurstende") but never a sausage beginning. That's the renowned sausage paradoxon (watch it - it's not the paradoxon of the renowned sausage; did I say I love English since it's such an unambiguous, precise language?). ;)
That's the East Coker sausage: in my beginning is my end / in my end is my beginning
apologies to T.S.E.

Re: DM-15 broken?

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:46 pm
by H2X
Walter wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:12 pm
H2X wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 pm
And no beginning? :D
Go to any butcher in Switzerland, Germany, or Austria, and you will always get a sausage end ("Wurstende") but never a sausage beginning. That's the renowned sausage paradoxon (watch it - it's not the paradoxon of the renowned sausage; did I say I love English since it's such an unambiguous, precise language?). ;)
Since when is English such an unambiguous, precise language? :D