[DM1xL] RTC Crystal Correction (Feature Request)

This is the place to discuss the usage of DM1x/DM41 machines and to share any tips & tricks you may have stumbled across.

If discussing a specific model, please ensure that you prefix topic subjects with the model number this way:

[DM41] How to change the number of program steps available
pwarden42

[DM1xL] RTC Crystal Correction (Feature Request)

Post by pwarden42 »

I realize that Voyager development is on the back burner compared to the ongoing flagship model work, but it would be nice (like the DM42/41X) to be able to apply a correction factor for the RTC crystal. My DM16L is at about +55ppm, so I'm gaining a little over a minute every two weeks. Not that I regularly use my calculator as a clock, but since the feature is there it would be desirable to make it as accurate as is reasonably possible.

That said, if the future SM firmware update/program loading utility is going to be able to also update the calculator clock from the host system clock, that would be fine, too (as much as I use serial interface :D).

Thanks, in advance

P.
DM16L, HP 15C, WP 31S, HP 33S (RIP/Broken Enter Key), HP 50G, HP 48G (x2), TI-86, TI-85 (RIP/Accidental Death and Dismemberment)