DM41L program load ?

This is the place to discuss the usage of DM1x/DM41 machines and to share any tips & tricks you may have stumbled across.

If discussing a specific model, please ensure that you prefix topic subjects with the model number this way:

[DM41] How to change the number of program steps available
Luke64

DM41L program load ?

Post by Luke64 »

hello I have just received a DM41L (It's fantastic :D ), I have tried to use the encoder to load a program but it always gives me an error wit l command:

Bad model
Read FAILED
DM41 >>
Bye…

I uploaded the listing to https://dm41.swissmicros.com, then converted with "Encode to dump" and then copied to the terminal interface.
Even loading the calculator dump gives me the same error ....
Where am I wrong?
Luke64

Re: DM41L program load ?

Post by Luke64 »

SOLVED: the problem was in the serial terminal app I was using with OS X, I used the terminal and everything works fine.
grsbanks

Re: DM41L program load ?

Post by grsbanks »

Thanks for reporting back.

I was rather stumped by this problem but now that you mention you're using a Mac, it makes sense. My guess is that there was something wrong with the line endings being sent by the terminal emulator. The DM41 expects linefeed characters at the end of a line, or possibly carriage return + linefeed. I believe a Mac sends a carriage return on its own as its end-of-line character.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
Jilbertzh

Re: Charge de programme DM41L?

Post by Jilbertzh »

Hello everyone, someone could explain to me the procedure to be able to download a program to my DM41L calculator in plain language please. There is some way on the forum but too complicated. Thank you. Jilberth