This latest update to both the DMCP and DM42/Free42 parts of the DM42's firmware brings the following improvements:
- Clock switching bug when connecting to USB
- Revert to Intel® Decimal Floating Point Library V2.0 Update 1
- Fix for Alpha input/display when first character is '÷'
There's a bug in the STM firmware that makes the clock switch when the calculator is plugged into a USB port unreliable. A fix has been put in place to improve reliability.
Intel® Decimal Floating Point Library
In version 3.10 we updated from V2.0 Update 1 to V2.0 Update 2 of this library. However, one of the changes in the library is to the bid128_pow() function that is invoked by Free42's 'Y^X' command. In some instances, Y^X would make the DM42 hang. The hanging problems do not occur with the previous version of the Floating Point library so pending investigation of the root cause of the problem, we've reverted to Version 2.0 Update 1.
'÷' as first character in alpha register
A bug in the handling of the alpha register would cause input to be impossible if the first character typed was the '÷' division symbol or if the register was cleared using the backspace key. Fixed.
The method for updating your DM42 is covered in the manual.
The latest firmware binaries are available here.
- a4f7e9be32475e96f2d2e0a353c0c5bd8e3a4e34 DM42-3.11.pgm
- 53cd2ff2a6829718c1f67bb4d7b4c9d944b1f99a DMCP_flash_3.11.bin
- 0020b7fd2c591be386528eb9e997f8b017714c1c DMCP_flash_3.11_DM42-3.11.bin