HP Navigation Pac ROM >>RawFile DM42

Contributions to this software library are always welcome. Please ensure that you post program listings rather than .raw files. They give a reasonable idea of what your program does without having to load them into a DM42 and you can also include comments in your code. Check out the following link for a decoder/encoder: https://technical.swissmicros.com/decoders/dm42/

You can then copy/paste the listing and post it in "code" tags.
Ancient Sailor

HP Navigation Pac ROM >>RawFile DM42

Post by Ancient Sailor »

Hi Sailors
The Navigation Pac ROM for the HP-41 is apparently rare.
On ebay you find the HP41c Navigation Pac for a Buy it now price off 185 US dollar
With a lot of help from Thomas Okken, the Nav ROM is converted to a HP42S Raw file.
All the program's have run on the DM42 with no problem.
When it’s work with the HP Printer 82240B sometimes the calulator freeze during printing of a long list of waypoints on a great cirkel track
I believe that the Nav Pac might offer some helpful code and ideas.
The Nav pac manual is big to put in the zipfile , but its not to hard find on the internet.
SIZE 054 is sufficient for the programs.
The program GCPLOT works very well when the longitudinal separation is less than or equal to 90 deg. For longitudinal separation greater than then 90 deg, the program GCPLAN should be used to generate intermediate points less than 90 deg apart.
Then GCPLOT can be used for intervals between the intermediate points. GCPLOT will not work completely on intervals greater dan 90 deg.

Happy Sailing,
Rupert van Swol

Here's the table of Contents:
Course planning programs are :
Great-circle course and distance [XEQ] "GC"
Great- circle position [XEQ]"GCPOS"
Rhumb-line course and distance [XEQ] "RL"
Rhumb-line positions. [XEQ]"RLPOS"
Great-circle plotting and Voyage planning .[XEQ]"GCPLOT" or [XEQ]"GCPLAN"
Dead Reckoning.[XEQ] "DR"
Longitude to Latitude,
This calculates the latitude at which a specified longitude is reached on a great circle defined by two points. [XEQ]"LOTOL"

Celestial navigation programs
Reducing celestial sights is simplified to keying in date, time, sextant height, and the name of the object sighted.
Permissible objects, include 57 navigational stars, Polris, the sun, the Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
Provision is made for substituting nautical almanac values for the computer almanac. After reducing a sight , you can use one of the course-planning programs to update your dead reckoning position.

programs :
Sight reduction and [XEQ]"SIGHT"
Perpetual Almanac- Stars, Sun, Planets, Moon [XEQ]"BODY"
Almanac interpolator [XEQ]"SIGHT"
Calendar functions [XEQ]"D+T" [XEQ]"JD"
Greenwich sidereal Time [XEQ]"GST"
Star Almanac [XEQ]"STAR"
Astronomical coordinate conversion
Equatorial spherical to equatorial rectangular coordinates [XEQ]"LBRYZX"
Ecliptic spherical to equatorial rectangular[XEQ]"LBRYZX"
equatorial rectangular to equatorial spherical coordinates [XEQ]"ZYXdHA"
Attachments
DM42 navigation.zip
(25.95 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
DM42 SN:00449, DM15L SN #01134, DM41X sn#1008
Old HP Gear; HP-15 , HP-41CX, HP-48GX ,HP-50G, HP-Prime.
salvomic

Re: HP Navigation Pac ROM >>RawFile DM42

Post by salvomic »

thank you Rupert!

I hope Thomas, Michael or someone else could address the little bug I wrote some days ago: when Navigation Pac is installed in DM42 I got issues with Convert suite or Epoch program... Maybe the problem is in a return from subroutine...

However, this is a good and powerful program, thanks for sharing!

Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: DM42 (SN: 00881), DM41X (SN 00523), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, 35s, WP34s -- Free42
Ancient Sailor

Post by Ancient Sailor »

Hi Salvo,
The testrun's with navigation pac was done without any other program loaded to the DM42 , to avoid label conflicts with other application.

One page 9 of the HP navpac manual, there is a warning of the Use of Labels.
"If you write programs that use program labels identical to those in the Navigation Pac , the Navigation Pac will execute your programs instead of its own.You might wish to take advantage of this powerful feature to customize aspect of the program operation by substituting your routines for Pac routines. "

kind regards.

Rupert
DM42 SN:00449, DM15L SN #01134, DM41X sn#1008
Old HP Gear; HP-15 , HP-41CX, HP-48GX ,HP-50G, HP-Prime.
salvomic

Post by salvomic »

hi Rupert,
I'll try for probable conflicts.

ciao
Salvo
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: DM42 (SN: 00881), DM41X (SN 00523), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, 35s, WP34s -- Free42
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

salvomic wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:19 pm
I hope Thomas, Michael or someone else could address the little bug I wrote some days ago: when Navigation Pac is installed in DM42 I got issues with Convert suite or Epoch program... Maybe the problem is in a return from subroutine...
Hi Salvo, please try to clear flag 21 (CF 21) as described here: it should solve your issue with the Convert and Epoch programs.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
salvomic

Post by salvomic »

dlachieze wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi Salvo, please try to clear flag 21 (CF 21) as described here: it should solve your issue with the Convert and Epoch programs.
hi Didier,
thank you. I'll try it soon.

Salvo
Krauts In Space

Post by Krauts In Space »

Maybe running different environments/calc states will be preferable for any label caused issues?
When at sea I seldom do any cost calculations or civil engineering.
And even if this might happen with a probability 1:20^6, switching from one state to another isn't a big thing - provided that my landfall isn't ahead and I have enough water under the keel :mrgreen:
DM15L S/# 10584 FW v25
DM42 S/# 01015 FW v3.5