HP 41 C Navigation Pac works on the DM42

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
Ancient Sailor

HP 41 C Navigation Pac works on the DM42

Post by Ancient Sailor »

Today I checked all the navigation programs on the DM42. From the Raw file Navigation
Important is to change the amount of positions in the memory to 100 [ modes] >> [ size 0100] .
On Page 9 from the navigation manual is written for the HP41CX that 54 is sufficient.
This navigation raw fil, simplify the job of combining the best best features of Rhumb-line ( loxodroom) and great-circle sailing.
You can obtain a printed list showing your vessels predicted postion after each day's run along with the rump-line course between the positions.

Course planning programs are :
Great-circle course and distance [XEQ] "GC"
Great- circle position [XEQ]"GCPOS"
Rhumb-line course and distance [XEQ] "RL"
Rhumb-line positions. [XEQ]"RLPOS"
Great-circle plotting and Voyage planning .[XEQ]"GCPLOT" or [XEQ]"GCPLAN"
Dead Reckoning.[XEQ] "DR"
Longitude to Latitude,
This calculates the latitude at which a specified longitude is reached on a great circle defined by two points. [XEQ]"LOTOL"

Celestial navigation programs
Reducing celestial sights is simplified to keying in date, time, sextant height, and the name of the object sighted.
Permissible objects, include 57 navigational stars, Polris, the sun, the Moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.
Provision is made for substituting nautical almanac values for the computer almanac. After reducing a sight , you can use one of the course-planning programs to update your dead reckoning position.

programs :
Sight reduction and [XEQ]"SIGHT"
Perpetual Almanac- Stars, Sun, Planets, Moon [XEQ]"BODY"
Almanac interpolator [XEQ]"SIGHT"
Calendar functions [XEQ]"D+T" [XEQ]"JD"
Greenwich sidereal Time [XEQ]"GST"
Star Almanac [XEQ]"STAR"
Astronomical coordinate conversion
Equatorial spherical to equatorial rectangular coordinates [XEQ]"LBRYZX"
Ecliptic spherical to equatorial rectangular[XEQ]"LBRYZX"
equatorial rectangular to equatorial spherical coordinates [XEQ]"ZYXdHA"

Kind Regards
Rupert van Swol
DM42 SN:00449, DM15L SN #01134, DM41X sn#1008
Old HP Gear; HP-15 , HP-41CX, HP-48GX ,HP-50G, HP-Prime.
dlachieze

Re: HP 41 C Navigation Pac works on the DM42

Post by dlachieze »

Good to know that it works fine on the DM42!

Note: you can assign up to 18 of the most frequently used programs to the CUSTOM menu, this can simplify the usage as you would not have to press XEQ and then go through the module 64 program names to find the one you want to execute.
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042
salvomic

Post by salvomic »

I'm trying the program!
Good enough, Rupert.
A lot of functions to try... :)

Salvo

EDIT: after the Navigator installation and the setting SIZE 54, I'm having issues with Conversion program utilities and my program Epoch.
For examples:
LENG -> 2 ft, cm Y=0.03 X=2
EPOCH cur, then e->date x=2.1820 (date?) and no more time returned...

Are they collateral effect with the program?

EDIT 2: trying to reload again the Navigation pac with File, I got an error and I had to reset the calculator. After then the old Conversion, Epoch and other programs worked as expected, but Navigation pac was deleted.
Any help to preserve all?
∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: DM42 (SN: 00881), DM41X (SN 00523), DM16, HP Prime, 50g, 41CX, 42s, 71b, 15C, 12C, 35s, WP34s -- Free42
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

There appears to be some source of instability in recent versions of the DM42 firmware. We've had the crashes under load, Didier's still unsolved mysterious KEYG bug, Meino's non-reproducible weirdness, and now this... Did any of this happen before 3.0?
dlachieze

Post by dlachieze »

salvomic wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 pm
after the Navigator installation and the setting SIZE 54, I'm having issues with Conversion program utilities and my program Epoch.
For examples:
LENG -> 2 ft, cm Y=0.03 X=2
On my DM42 (firmware 3.3) I can reproduce this issue with Convert, but without any other program loaded (see the attached state file below).

This seems to be related to the issue I reported with KEY GTO, but this time with KEY XEQ. What I observe is that when you press the FT key after entering 2 the program doesn't return from LBL 02 in program LENG, it stops at the RTN instruction at step 73, so the numeric entry flag 22 is never cleared (this is done at step 26) and when you press CM it assumes you just entered a new value and it doesn't do the conversion.

However if after pressing FT you press R/S, the RTN at step 73 is executed and the program goes back to step 28, and now pressing CM will do the conversion.

Definitively something to investigate for the SwissMicros team.

tconv.s42.zip
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
DM42: 00425 - DM41X: β00066 - WP43: 00042