Apologies From America

General discussion about calculators, SwissMicros or otherwise
toml_12953

Apologies From America

Post by toml_12953 »

I know this isn't a political forum and D & M please feel free to delete this post. Since this is an international forum I felt that had to comment on Donald Trump's recent categorization of other countries as "shitholes". This in no way reflects the feelings of most people in the USA. I am disgusted by many of the things our President is doing and saying. If he doesn't start World War III before then I'm confident he will either be impeached or at least soundly voted out of office in the next election. To all my friends here, please accept my apologies for our out-of-control President.
Tom L

Some people call me inept but I'm as ept as anybody!
DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
WP43 SN: 00025 (Prototype)
akaTB

Re: Apologies From America

Post by akaTB »

toml_12953 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 pm
I know this isn't a political forum and D & M please feel free to delete this post. Since this is an international forum I felt that had to comment on Donald Trump's recent categorization of other countries as "shitholes". This in no way reflects the feelings of most people in the USA. I am disgusted by many of the things our President is doing and saying. If he doesn't start World War III before then I'm confident he will either be impeached or at least soundly voted out of office in the next election. To all my friends here, please accept my apologies for our out-of-control President.
Thank you Tom, even though it wasn't you the one that should apologize.
But don't be afraid: we, too, have our fair share of m0r0ns, quite as vocal as your president, but not so internationally renowned luckily.
Greetings,
    Massimo
ajcaton
-+×÷ left is right and right is wrong :twisted: Casted in gold
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

akaTB wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm
But don't be afraid: we, too, have our fair share of m0r0ns, quite as vocal as your president, but not so internationally renowned luckily.
Well yeah. God knows I've made generalizations no different from the one Tom L mentioned, but doing it in the context of "casual conversation among friends" is not the same as the context of "head of state of a major country addressing the media." I'd insert a :shock: emoji if I could honestly pretend to be surprised at this point.
Michael
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I was just waiting for Trevor Noah to come up with this.
Please enjoy https://youtu.be/OQkfDJ2zVNo
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

+1 for "moonscreen" :lol:
Walter

Post by Walter »

Future historians and sociologists will tell us about the society and actual political system leading to such a person becoming president of a major power - some parallels to the decline of the Roman Empire come into my mind. Though the rubbish those emperors (may) have said was neither spread as fast nor as wide nor as unfiltered as modern communication means allow spreading the ... ummh ... messages of an obviously ... ummh ... intellectually challenged leader of today.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
Thomas Okken

Post by Thomas Okken »

Walter wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 pm
some parallels to the decline of the Roman Empire come into my mind
They do? I think Ancient Rome survived some seriously unhinged emperors, and the eventual decline of its empire happened later, and is a complex story that people continue to write lengthy books about.

I can't really think of any historical parallels to the present. Large democracies with a history of long-term stability are a novelty in human history. Whatever happens next, it will be something new. 8-)
grsbanks

Post by grsbanks »

Michael wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 pm
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." -- LOL :)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
toml_12953

Post by toml_12953 »

Walter wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 pm
Future historians and sociologists will tell us about the society and actual political system leading to such a person becoming president of a major power - some parallels to the decline of the Roman Empire come into my mind. Though the rubbish those emperors (may) have said was neither spread as fast nor as wide nor as unfiltered as modern communication means allow spreading the ... ummh ... messages of an obviously ... ummh ... intellectually challenged leader of today.
Hmm. I wonder if the White House has lead pipes like the Romans did. That would explain a lot! :evil:
Tom L

Some people call me inept but I'm as ept as anybody!
DM10L SN: 059/100
DM41X SN: 00023 (Beta)
DM41X SN: 00506 (Shipping)
DM42 SN: 00025 (Beta)
DM42 SN: 00221 (Shipping)
WP43 SN: 00025 (Prototype)
Leechpool

Post by Leechpool »

grsbanks wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm
Michael wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:55 pm
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." -- LOL :)
I had to use my VPN to pop up in the US to view it, but it was worth it; the presenter's comments are pure class!!
:D