Thermal Paper?

Discussion around the SwissMicros DM42 calculator
Geoff Quickfall

Re: Thermal Paper?

Post by Geoff Quickfall »

When i run out on the flight deck i use the spare onboard credit card paper we use for on board transactions. Staples also has the correct thermal paper.

4 years ago i was asked to co-author a paper using meta data. Part of the meta data was raw counts I did and printed out on an HP HPIL printer attached to the 41CX. The CX was running equipment via HPIL and also used to run the raw data and refine it.

This was back in 1985. So i went down to the basement 4 years ago and retrieved the jars which i had stored the printer paper in back in 1986. The jars (small clean jam jars) contained nothing but blank paper! We tried to enhance any remnants with chemical sprays but to no avail.

So, if you need to archive the data, photocopy it. I do that with any program listings i do on the HP printers.

Cheers, Geoff

P.s. I am completing two journal papers this year based on the refined data minus the actual count (not required for the research I am doing). For those that went to HPCC the research and my 41CX role was a topic of one of my talks:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eyKGfXEBsWQ