Status report, using the previous list numbers. As usual, older DONE items disappeared from the list, and new DONE items are indicated as such.
changed in the following ways: Because of  I really don’t like Layout 1 anymore and want to leave it in favour of Layout 2..
- After working on the real DM42, I swapped the CLR and UNDO. This was mentioned before and is now done.
- I swapped the [g] OFF and [f] PRINT around, like on Layout 1 and on the DM42.
- I added a BASE screen similar to HP42S, with shortcut menu items for HEX DEC OCT BIN (see below), so # on [g][1/x] became BASE and is now a menu item. It is in the top line and quite obtrusive as a MENU.
- I don’t like the menu item in between the formatting commands in the top line.
- The Layout 1 Alpha letter arrangement has now been updated the same way as the HP42S sequence.
- Aligned the [f][Up] and [f][Dn] icons.
Todo / DONE list:
- I could not find very little improvements to make.
- There is no reason to have the greek a instead of ALPHA especially not on [f][ENTER]. From a legacy point of view, I changed this too ALPHA. a.FN stays due to space.
- [f] became BASE, due to the base menu that I added instead of the 43S “#”base change symbol. See below. This is even more compatible to 42S.
- Aligned the [f][Up] and [f][Dn] icons vertically.
- The Layout 2 Alpha letter arrangement was already updated in the previous release and corresponds with DM42.
- Firmware snapshot here: http://cocoon-creations.com/download/43C_005_2.pgm.zip. Enjoy playing ...
201. DONE. Fix keyboard key shortcuts on the emulator broken due to layout change
Emulator now works with PC/Mac keys:
Code: Select all
FN1 FN2 FN3 FN4 FN5 FN6
q w e r t y
a s d f g h
ENT TAB c o BACK
Up 7 8 9 /
Dn 4 5 6 *
Shft 1 2 3 -
Esc 0 . Ctrl +
p to “print” screen to clipboard.
202. DONE on Layout2. Fix Alpha key layout and menus that is broken due to layout change. Changed the ALPHA letter sequence to DM42 sequence. Achieved by removing all menus and putting them into a soft menu.
204. Check which functions are missing on the main project’s menus and decide if certain functions are to be added to menus. Big job - no time for that now.
205. DONE. On the text entry mode, add a special MENU line for all the commands required during text entry, which are missing due to reshuffling.
206. Add SIGFIG to MODE. Install toggle for SIGFIX. Jaco
206a. SigFig. Jaco
Add SigFig mode as per WP31S, 34S, 34C. This is automatic rounding, which in SIG mode, will display 3.14159 as 3.142 and will display 299792458 as 299 800 000 or 299.8 x10ˆ6 in ENG mode.
207. Fix eRPN stack issue. Jaco.
208. DONE. Fix shift OFF not working in alpha mode.
209. WAIT. Added temporary ALPHA menu in alpha input. Wait for 43S project to fix AlphaMyMenu to fix this..
210. WAIT. Added myAlpha item in HOME menu. This is a placeholder for the MyMenu which is not yet done by main project 43S.
211. WAIT. Hardcode MyMenu on E+ as a default USER key. Wait until main project adds MyMenu.
212. DONE. Bob remarked that the emulator shows the yellow/blue markings, where the DM42 doesn’t have them. Changed the Layout2 Emulator to NOT have yellow/blue marks next to the LCD to not be misleading. Also updated the CSS & PNG files to optionally not even show blue labels
213. Done. Changed error references to ‘CC’ to “COMPLEX”
214. Done. Changed COMPLX back to COMPLEX as it fits.
215. Done. Fixed EXIT in alpha mode does not work
216. Done. Layout1: Swapped OFF to yellow, PRINTx too blue. Now more like DM42.
217. next item
304. DONE. Don’t want to wait. Added the BASE menu instead of the # menu.
BASE also includes shortcuts for 64,32,16 & 8 bit word size.
HEX menu. WAIT. Jaco
To consider the need for HEX DEC OCT BIN on a soft menu (compare with # operation). I suggested this to Walter. I wait for answer.
He answered, and will possibly look at this. I’ll wait.
307. WAIT. CUST2. Dani. Dani to advise what is needed.
Creation of CUST1 & CUST 2menu. Variable content. Dani to explain how this is different from MyMenu.
The MyMenu and ASN functionality seems to be exactly what Dani wants. The problem is there is only on MyMenu. He needs to ask Walter to specify more.
308. METRIC Mode. Jaco
Add METRIC mode for ENG mode, to display metric unit prefixes, i.e. display k instead of 10ˆ3, M instead of 10ˆ6, G instead of 10ˆ9, for example an X register of 170000 should display in ENG as 170 x 10ˆ3, but if this is activated, must display 170 k
311. WAIT. Proposed to Inautilus.
See if it is possible to draw lines between the actual FN buttons to the screen labels to guide the eyes. The purpose is to see if it will help match the keys to the narrower soft buttons on screen.
315. Make R.BR remember where you left off, I.e. which regs number.
316. next item
402. DONE. Tested. Remains. Consider FILL and STK swap back to R< and >P. Unlikely to change. But wait to test on DM42. Settled this without waiting for DM42 operation.
407. next item
Reminders for the actual calc layout:
502. Yellow and blue dots above shift button
503. Increase contrast in text letters on the future template
504. Maybe use dotted underlines for menus (for yellow and blue underline) on the future template
505. Mark the “Y” and “N”bright white to help finding the yes/no answer to some confirmations, on the future template
506. Shading (28S style) instead of underlining of menus.
507. next item
In the picture:
LAYOUT1, showing a wart on [g][1/x], i.e. a menu in the top row.
LAYOUT2 without the blue/yellow marks next to the LCD
LAYOUT2 additionally with no blue labels in the emulator, for testing the bare DM42 operation.
Note the layout number, L1, L2 is on the LCD screen.