Fixed the missing tactile feedback

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
jeff.b

Fixed the missing tactile feedback

Post by jeff.b »

If you want a DM42 don't hesitate, go to the order page and get one, it's worth every penny.

Short version:
Swap the offending dome with another.

What a machine! D&M you have done very good work.
Thank you.
Thank you for making a machine that can be taken apart and worked on.
Thank you for making a machine with a great display and so many other features.

Long version:
Realized right away that there was something not quite right with the ON button of my new DM42, it worked but didn't snap like it should. Not wanting to make a fuss about it and hoping it would magically start working or the forum would have a solution, I lived with it and used it, but it did not improve with time. So like any boy with a new toy, apart it came, wow, this machine is as nice inside as it is outside! First tried to position the board in the frame differently but it locates the same each time with all those pins and holes aligning everything. Then I tried to peal up the sticky tape holding the domes but it's quite sticky and I didn't want to be too aggressive and break something. A few more weeks pass and while it worked it drove me crazy, so again I tried to peal up the sticky tape but with more persistence this time, and finally got it. I pealed back the corner and moved the ON button dome just a little to the right to see if that would fix it, no luck. This dome will snap if pressed on the center, but press a little off center and it didn't snap. I tried moving the dome around a few more times to get the key to hit the center of the dome but still no luck. So the next step is to change this dome with another and see if that works, pulled the tape up far enough to swap one of the ENTER key domes with the ON key and what luck... SUCCESS! The ENTER key and ON key both work as they should. Such joy to work with a snappy new 42.

What a machine! D&M you have done very good work.
Thank you.
Thank you for making a machine that can be taken apart and worked on.
Thank you for making a machine with a great display and so many other features.