Keyboard debouncing

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
Dave Britten

Re: Keyboard debouncing

Post by Dave Britten »

kevinvinv wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:43 pm
I installed the latest firmware and seem to have no more bouncing issues... so far! Others ?
Seems like it's working well so far. If I try really hard, I can press a key fast enough that it ignores the second press. So it seems like the cool-off time is set to a good value.
lmisner

Re: Keyboard debouncing

Post by lmisner »

So I ran into what looks like a keyboard bounce situation on my 41X. when I enter a number starting with a 1 or other digit, the following digit will repeat. So if I enter 15 quickly, I will get 155 or 79, I get 799. All S/W is current and it has S/N 911. I tried it on DM42 and it is rock solid, I tried the Slow Auto repeat and it got worse with the first digit sometimes registering twice. I hadn't noticed this previously because I don't normally type too quickly, due to the geriatric nature of my hands (when did that happen?). At any rate, has anyone else experienced this on the DM41X? Is there a work around or fix? Not really a problem for me right now, but those with quicker reflexes may have run across this.

Thanks,

Lonnie