buttons that don't register well

If you're having problems with the hardware of a DM41X or DM42, post about them here.
grsbanks

Re: buttons that don't register well

Post by grsbanks »

No, the screw is visible from the other side of the PCB and holds the PCB in place in the casing.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.
zooropa1844

Post by zooropa1844 »

Oh, thank you both of you. So it is not an specific screw which regulates the behaviour of the Enter key but the two ones attaching the PCB to the case. I misunderstood the whole thing.

Since there is no need to release the LCD cable, nor to remove the foil I'll give it a try.

Kind regards
etn

Post by etn »

I had the same issue with my "8" key... cleaning up the internals did the trick too.

Happy Xmas time to you all!
keithdalby

Post by keithdalby »

I'm just concerned about peeling that clear plastic back. Will it rip? How many times can it be peeled back without loosing stickiness? How hard is it to align the domes? I am terrified of breaking it.
Dave Britten

Post by Dave Britten »

keithdalby wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:20 am
I'm just concerned about peeling that clear plastic back. Will it rip? How many times can it be peeled back without loosing stickiness? How hard is it to align the domes? I am terrified of breaking it.
The keyboard layer is very thick plastic (in fact that may be contributing to the stiffness of the keys; not sure). As long as you don't fully remove the whole sheet, realignment isn't an issue, since you won't be able to rotate/slide it at all.
zooropa1844

Post by zooropa1844 »

Can anybody check if it is normal that the plastic layer of the keyboard is missing some of the small sticking out cylinders which fit into the holes on the PCB?

This is a photo of mine. https://ibb.co/dJ6uvR When I fit the PCB onto the keyboard yesterday I noticed some of them were missing.

Kind regards,
Javier
gruensucher

Post by gruensucher »

gelöscht!
Last edited by gruensucher on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter

Post by Walter »

gruensucher wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:41 pm
Der Bremsenreiniger entfernt alles recht gründlich von Fetten und anderes, es enthält kein Aceton!
Gerade weil es für Bremsen sind, Bremsen darf kein Öl oder ähnliches enthalten.
@gruensucher:
Darf ich mal nach deiner Muttersprache fragen? Deutsch scheint sie auch nicht zu sein...
gruensucher wrote:
Make ribs the plastic film off, it is quite tough. ( stiff ? )
Was wolltest du uns sagen?? Ich möchte es ja bloß verstehen.
WP43 SN00000, 34S, and 31S for obvious reasons; HP-35, 45, ..., 35S, 15CE, DM16L S/N# 00093, DM42β SN:00041
keithdalby

Post by keithdalby »

gruensucher wrote:
Back to english ;-)

@keithdalby
Make ribs the plastic film off, it is quite tough. ( stiff ? )
I, erm... I have no idea. Thank you?
ThomasA

Post by ThomasA »

Hello,
I checked my new unit and found that the key 8 does not show the clear 'click' when pressed.
I followed Michael's instructions taking photos of every step. After the 'surgery' the key works slightly better, but still a little bit different to its neighbours.

I could post the photographs (if someone tells me how to do that).

Thomas